• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demonmaster's Goldrush

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Sunreaver
This is my version of gold rush based of killing creeps to gain tech
The base map is goldrush
some of the tooltips may be broken but at least theres a name command custom tech paths
i have added 3 new heros to the map

This map was made solo by me and has its problem by some thing might not be balanced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-VWPGh_n8

V.1.1
Fixed most tooltips
added world bossed
fixed a bug where could not build fire spellcaster building

Keywords:
Meele,tech,
Contents

Demonmaster's Goldrush (Map)

Reviews
00:27, 4th Feb 2015 Orcnet: Mythic's review.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Gold Rush
by Demonmaster
navbits_start.gif
FEEDBACK
Gameplay & Bugs:

DoesntLookRight.png
^ Starts off with that. 'Unable to use a Haunted Gold Mine'
DoesLookRight.png
Meanwhile the evil creature we by default call Player 2 does look right, however after a while even with greedisgood he builds nothing. There is no information in the Quest Log - I was rather clueless as to where the upgrades would come from until I opened the map up in the Editor. The map loses some of its appeal that way.

There are no definite button positions for the New Heroes' Abilities. While we're at it, I also appeal for actual new abilities. OE edits have been in use for a long time and while you might come up with new effects, the mechanics stay the same.

The explanation should be in text, the video should be just an aide.
4/20
Terrain & Aesthetics:

Shadowsntlookright.jpgWhy is there a huge shadow over this place? That is not the only part of the map where there are shadows that do not seemingly have any source. The Demonic Creeps don't fit in this tileset, but neither do the trees. Summer Trees. In the Barrens.

Tile variation is only present in selective areas of the map. Most of the map seems desolate of props. When it's not, there are two things to consider. This is the barrens, it would be hard imagining green shrubs or gray rocks here. Second, you could spread the decoration and liveliness to every part of the map, including the tile variation. If you change the tiles, you should also change the trees and props.

Please fix the ability descriptions and icons for some of the new heroes. And this falls under aesthetics as well; I don't think 'Two-headed dragons' as mentioned in their description should be called Thunder Hawks. You could either change the model and the description or change the name. Penguins don't seem to be keepers of the sky either as they are flightless and other birds such as ravens or storm crows could be identified more with the sky.
Description said:
some of the tooltips may be broken but at least theres a name command custom tech paths
Please don't leave them broken.
8/20
Presentation:

Presentation is very lacking of info. Just like... the Quest Log.
2/10

Total Score: 14/50​
navbits_start.gif
Suggestions
Keep in mind that these suggestions are optional; you may choose not to do them.

> Ooh, I forgot to make a criterion about this. Well, triggering is inefficient. You could merge all of those name triggers into one by stacking the events. Triggering Player's usefulness runs out the way you use it.
> Reduce the amount of creeps in some camps, probably replace them with stronger creeps of the same type. (ex. Succubi -> Vile Temptresses)
> Correct the facing of some creeps.​
navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
14 / 10 = 1.4v = 1/5; Vote for Rejection

Advanced Terraining Tutorial
Button Manager
Button Positions
Map Description Generator
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/
Alternate Map Submission Rules
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif

Last edited: