• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Does Avatar always give spell immunity? Is there anyway to turn it off?

I remember in Island Defense, Magnatuars become spell immune, while Taurens don't. Does anyone know how they did this?
I don't see any fields under the Avatar spell to turn magic immunity on or off.

Level 3
Are you sure that it was the avatar spell used both times ?? Could've been Bloodlust and Avatar >_> just thought I'd point that out

Edit: I believe it can be done in the Object menu.. Go to your avatar spell and find the effect.. Should be something like "Effect - Spell Immunity .... True / False"

Level 11
I am a fan of Island defense, and I know that tauren doesn't use avatar. His ulty is based off of Metamorphosis (demon hunter).

Magnataur does use avatar as base. I don't think they changed it a bit, apart from the icon...

Level 4
Avatar is hard-coded to make the caster spell immune.

For similar effects you can use a combination of different dummy abilities such as Item Armor Bonus, Item Damage Bonus, Bloodlust for size, or even Innerfire (would solve both the armor and damage)

You'll have to trigger these dummys accordingly. Good luck!

Battle roar with "self" target = armor + attack damage (not precents)
+the spell called "chimical rage = will show timer and u can make the second unit with bigger scale so it grow :p

Owned

Level 9
Battle roar with "self" target = armor + attack damage (not precents)
+the spell called "chimical rage = will show timer and u can make the second unit with bigger scale so it grow :p

Owned

Right so I suggested 2 dummy spells that work and so did you... You only owned yourself by making yourself look stupid, especially when it's just trying to help someone out.

Your the kind of person that would take a bullet for someone else and say owned to them, wouldn't you?

Level 6
Actually, I think best_players solution is much worse then yours, because unless I'm mistaken, it involves creating a duplicate of every single unit type in the map.

Level 6
But Metamorphisis and Chemical Rage both require a second unit type to transform into.
That means that every single unit type will need a copy.
So the archer can transform into a big archer, the swordsman can turn into a big swordsman, the peasant can turn into a big peasant, etc.

P.S. Does anyone know if it is possible to have Avatared workers still able to build stuff?

Level 11
Glad you got it solved.

Remember, Metamorphosis has timer, but druids bear transformation and tinkers ulty dont. Thats the only difference.

I don't really understand what for you need that all units have metarmophosis, but ok.

Oh and DO NOT DOUBLE POST. Use Edit button instead.

Level 4
Actually, I think best_players solution is much worse then yours, because unless I'm mistaken, it involves creating a duplicate of every single unit type in the map.

well it IS true if you put it in any possible unit.. needed to say that before....
well I can find many ways to make avatar like skills but not even one of them can show a cool down on the unit

PS about the guy that said he said same as me... his way was for giving attack with % !!!! and i did AVATAR-LIKE Skill with +BASE ATTACK so that why I said I owned

Status
Not open for further replies.