• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountain King Avatar -> Non magic immune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I want to make my mountain kings avatar non-magic immune. There - unfortunately - appears to be no field for it in the unit editor....

I attempted to write a trigger as follows:

Code:
Event
 Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition
 (Ability being cast) Equal to Avatar
Action
 Unit - Remove classification of Magic Immune from (Triggering unit)

But it appears that it does not apply it for some reason, I know the event and condition fire actions when met.

Thanks for your help in advance...

Level 35
Well you could do it in two ways:

You make the whole spell in triggers, changing life, dmg so on in triggers when he uses the spell (a dummy spell) (tell if you want a specific trigger), and then use a trigger to set his size, and give let him play the anim for avatar (if its the mountian king, nd change size of unit (also done in trigger)(as said jsut tell if you want the whole trigger here.)

The other way would be to find a spell doing the same as avatar, but without lets say the growing size or dmg increase, similar. Then you would only have to make a trigger to add what the ability doesnt do when he uses it.

Lastly, I realy cant remember if their is a option in game constants making it posiable to avoid the magic immune avatar (as I aint home I cant check) but check it out, as their is many spell influence there. Or take a close look in the avatar ability to see if there is a option to avoid magic immune, but game constants is more likely the way to do it. Else use trigger as said.

Level 2
Can't see the option in either unit or constant editor =(. Sucks cause I already editted the ability before =x.

This is for a mountain king, and I want it to look like normal avatar, without the immunity....It has 3 levels too btw...

Greatly appreciate the premade trigger.

Thanks.

Level 35
Can't see the option in either unit or constant editor =(. Sucks cause I already editted the ability before =x.

This is for a mountain king, and I want it to look like normal avatar, without the immunity....It has 3 levels too btw...

Greatly appreciate the premade trigger.

Thanks.

You mean you want it? or shall I post it?

Level 2
Post it?

Oh, I did modify those fields, did nothing though? Will try 100 in a sec...

Thanks again xD.

Edit2: changing to 100 did nothing.

Level 35
Post it?

Oh, I did modify those fields, did nothing though? Will try 100 in a sec...

Thanks again xD.

Edit2: changing to 100 did nothing.

Oh that one should be 0 if anything.. but as he is immune to magic it realy doesnt matter.

Okay trigger:

I just post a pic... I am a little to busy to write it all:

BTW: Do notice I can have made some bugs in it.. havent testet yet... but should work.

Level 19
Morphing it to the grey (altarnative), bigger and has invisible damage+armor bonused one ?

Level 2
Yer, it is 0 by default, I initially hoped that modifying the value would remove the immunity flag, but alas, it did not.

Thanks, makes it a lot faster to just copy than start from scratch xD.

Oh yeah, given that I don't know the unit id (as it isn't created on map start), can I use

Unit (Triggering Unit)?

Level 35
Yer, it is 0 by default, I initially hoped that modifying the value would remove the immunity flag, but alas, it did not.

Thanks, makes it a lot faster to just copy than start from scratch xD.

Oh yeah, given that I don't know the unit id (as it isn't created on map start), can I use

Unit (Triggering Unit)?

Well just add a condition checking if the user of the ability is of the hero type.. but deosnt actualy matter, as I pressume you will only give that ability to mountian king....

The morph... well yes he could use a morph, but then he wouldnt get the same effect as if he used avatar....

Level 2
Having a lot more trouble with this than expected =/.

Can't figure out how to increase his max life...and add to damage =/.

Level 19
Morph to another unit based on same unit with more life and has altarnate tags in art and has bigger size so it can look like Avatar version

Required Animation Names - alternate
Required Bone Names - alternate

It wont look like avatar if you place unit in beggining this must be done with Metamorphosis spell

Level 35
you can use robogoblin that cant be deactivated, then when you cast it, you make it stay as the mountain king (changing the datas as pleased) then adding alternate to the animation tags with a trigger.

ya.. but that is not limited... it is on off by users choice, but yes thats was the other solution... I takled about finding a similar to avatar ability. Good you came up with a name, although the already said problem might make it useless...

Level 2
Unit - Set Life (To value)
Unit - Set Life (To percentage)

I thought they couldn't increase maximum hp, only the current life...?

As for adding damage, I can't even see that =/.

Level 19
ah he doesnt even want help this is just flooding
Metamorphosis is the greatest solution for that but he doesnt even listen

Moderator Close This Thread please

Level 35
Unit - Set Life (To value)
Unit - Set Life (To percentage)

I thought they couldn't increase maximum hp, only the current life...?

As for adding damage, I can't even see that =/.

Well those can increase hp if set to.. but okay as I postet in start there was two sulutions I could see, one with triggers and one with a similar ability without the magic immune... which two names now have been postet of, so just use one of those insted.

But need_O2, tere is realy no need to ask for closing... because if the one who made the tread doesnt think he got the answear he wantet, it is fully okay to still be asking.

Level 19
they dont increase that damn hp they just heal the caster
and metamorphosis works very fine
I tried it I used it etc etc etc

Level 35
Level 2
Thanks =).

As I said, not entirely sure how meta works...So I import the model then make a new 'dummy' unit, and set my mk avatar spell (which is meta to transform into the 'dummy' unit?)?

Level 35
Thanks =).

As I said, not entirely sure how meta works...So I import the model then make a new 'dummy' unit, and set my mk avatar spell (which is meta to transform into the 'dummy' unit?)?

No.. it is much much more simpel:

Metaphomorsis is a normal ability so you would only have to change this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/pastebin/show/8f3669b86b9be1b91d20d49a62183cb8/
Dl this file, you will find 4 pics in the zip they will explain... (reson for doing it like this, my imagehoster is down for the moment :smile:)

Status
Not open for further replies.