• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.

Protected: Yes

Leaks: As far as i know, None.

Changelog 1.3 BETA:
-Added Sky People(OMG, I though it is Avatar?)
-Added Oil Platform Secret
-No Heroes(It's All About the 4 Nations at War, not the characters)
-No Alliance System(Will have at the next update)
-No Winning Conditions(Available at the next update)
-ANaW 1.3 and above will only be uploaded in Hiveworkshop.com and nowhere else...

Keywords:
Avatar, Nation, Nations, at, War, Wars, Pomelito123
Contents

Avatar Nation at War 1.3 BETA (Map)

Reviews
14:10, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 28
Review

Well, this says it all I guess?

screenyi.jpg

(This means that I could not play the map).

About the Preview Screen: decrease the size to 128x128, some people have problems with the 256x256 and it will be blank for those people.

I will still review it, though, since it is not protected!
You need a protector-tool to protect your map, of course -.-

General

General:
  • Well, I couldn't play the game, so I won't talk about the gameplay
  • It is "your", not "ur"
  • Description could be improved, both on the hive as in-game (you use too many points, it's confusing).
Terrain/Objects

Terrain:
  • Terrain wasn't really bad...
  • Some spammed doodads have to be reduced in quantity (the flames).
  • The tileset could be improved, there were to many empty area's.
  • You could've used environmental doodads.
  • You can use "raise height" in some area's

Objects:
  • Aang, Katara and a catapult all have the same icon of Assassin's Creed? I can see the link *sarcasm*.
  • You didn't change the damage of a lot of units
  • No custom spells (you didn't even change the standard values of most spells).
Triggers

Triggers:
  • Very easy triggers, not a single trigger that stands out from the rest.
  • You didn't fix the leaks
  • The "alliance system" exists of 1 trigger, makig it possible for blue only to ally red... quite a system you've got there
Overall

This is a very simple game, the triggering is very inefficient, the units need a lot of work, the spells are just the standard blizzard spells, the wrong icons have been used...

You are very lucky that I cannot play it, because I will uprate it because of that.
It is hard to get an overal view on the map if you can't play it, but at the moment my rating is 2/5.

The gameplay might decrease that rating.

Vote for Rejection
(It misses the most important thing a game needs... to be playable).

Level 6
Wait......... i'll update it...... i think i dont know how to use a Map Optimizer.......... and now i think the game is fixed....... and for the other thing i will fix that soon or maybe tomorrow......

EDIT: I dont know how to use vexorians optimizer...... so i cant protect my map and i just read ap0calypse review just after i submit the map so i dont fix the terrain but i will fix that tomorrow.....

Level 31
Never ever protect your map especially when you are new to map making to get more tips in development. A much precise review could be make from open sources rather than protect.

Time to evaluate.

1) Description - First of all, the description at this site was way too lacking & unorganize. The same goes to towards the detail in quest log.

2) Terrain - Massive spam of destructible/doodad without proper planning. The flame at the church had been use in excessive amount. There is a lack of tiles variation and destructible/doodad as well.

The entire forest contain tree only, I hardly seen other type of destructible/doodad such as rock or flowers/shrub.

3) Triggering/Scripting - The entire trigger was too ineffective and contain memory leak.

I would just show 1 of the few trigger that are inefficient.

• Boiling Alarm
    • Events
      • Destructible - Lever 2232 <gen> dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 10 Fire Nation Soldier for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Boiling Defence 3 <gen>) facing 360.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Fire Bender for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Boiling Defence 2 <gen>) facing 360.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 10 Fire Nation Archer for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Boiling Defence <gen>) facing 360.00 degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Elite Fire Bender for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Elite Defence <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Destructible - Resurrect Lever 2232 <gen> with 100.00 life and Show birth animation
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Overall, the entire map was lagging barely 3 minutes of playing. That is because there is a massive spam of unit, destructible/doodad & inefficient trigger with major leak occur.

Apart from that, it contain missing dis_btn icon and hotkey as well.

Go read tutorial and use the map development section to get feedback. They are available at hive forums.

Level 28
Wait......... i'll update it...... i think i dont know how to use a Map Optimizer.......... and now i think the game is fixed....... and for the other thing i will fix that soon or maybe tomorrow......

EDIT: I dont know how to use vexorians optimizer...... so i cant protect my map and i just read ap0calypse review just after i submit the map so i dont fix the terrain but i will fix that tomorrow.....

There it is again, the point army (................)

Protecting a map is in case you've made a lot of efficient systems of which you want nobody to use them (pretty selfish, though).
If you don't fix the 'bug' that I cannot play the map, this will be rejected anyway.

The terrain wasn't the only thing I have mentionned: fix the memory leaks, change the icons of aang, katara and the fire catapult to more fitting icons and edit the standard spells/units.

Basically: everything what Septimus has said after my review ;)

Last edited:
Level 8
I am not a rewiever, but i gotta do this.
Terrain: 1.5-horrible. Just cliffs and water.
Gameplay: 1-horryfic. A player starts with dozens of units that look almost same and just colored in 255-0-0 density. You just have to crush others with stupid camera and hard-controlled units.
I will now merge terrain and gameplay at the 1-10 scale and... it's 1.2 out of 10. I vote for Rejection and I think you should read WE Tutorial a couple of times before you start your second map.

Level 6
Level 14
Heres a basic Alliance system:
  • Alliance System
  • Alliance System
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Ally as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -Ally as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -Ally as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -Ally as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 9)) Equal to Red
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 10)) Equal to Blue
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 10)) Equal to Teal
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally with shared vision
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 13)) Equal to Purple
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 4 (Purple) as an Ally with shared vision
        • Else - Actions
Its GUI
I made it from scratch.
It should help.
If Used Please Give Credits to Crazed_seal2
I now have put -War in
-Ally Red
-Ally Blue
-Ally Teal
-Ally Purple
-War Red
-War Blue
-War Teal
-War Purple

Attachments

• Simple Alliance System.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Level 3
May i know what are the robots for? and how do you get to use the air benders?

Level 3
please improve the fire nation :/ especially the ships , you said they have the best fire ships , instead they were the worst

Level 6
Yes, they have the worst! because fire is weak against water and the sea is water so they don't have the best ships. I just write that so at least they would mind build some ships... And yes they have the "best" FIRE Ships, because some nations don't have Fire Ships, unless they will capture it...