• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AVATAR map (yes that cartoon show with the bald kid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Im deciding to build a map based on the cartoon show Avatar about the 4 elements.
Do you think it should be:
1). AoS
2). Altered Melee
3). Hero Arena
4). LoaB(Life of an Elemental Bender)
5). ORPG
or other?

Right now Im inclined to build an ORPG-AoS-LoaB and different bender types for each of the 4 elemental kingdoms (Air, Water, Earth and Fire). There will also be military ranking which is especially important for the earth and fire kingdoms. Gaining a high ranking will allow you to manipulate your faction's army in an AoS fashion --ordering which base of which faction to attack.

So the story starts as you being a bender for your faction and you can split into different classes of benders. There will be an AoS-style static battles your hero and other players can join to level up. Higher ranking players will be able to set the course of battle and destroy enemy bases. Ofcourse lower ranking players and newbies will have to follow the course of battle and act as soldiers.

Ranking system will allow certain privileges and commands to higher ranking players, however there can only be one Elemental Lord per faction. If two players have reached the rank of Elemental Lord in the same game, the one with higher ranking will get to be Lord. If there is no high ranking players, AI will kick in and command armies by default.

I am inclined to build only 3 bases, as the air kingdom has been wiped out and they have no main bases anymore. Only remnants and small tribes of the air kingdom will be split across the terrain and they are the hardest to level since they have no AoS Battles and will have to train by doing missions(hitting training dummies for exp) or killing neutral creeps.

Destroying an enemy base will grant special reward points for the Lord of the winning army. Higher points will be given to players who are able to take down armies controlled by enemy players and not AI. I am still debating whether to add an Avatar mode for those with really high reward points...(ie being able to reincarnate into another faction but keep all your spells/skills but not stats....or i'll just add an ability that will allow you to morph into different benders)

The most exciting part is ofcourse building the hero types and spells. I can do the spells and balance them out, but I need members to construct the terrain and doodad placement (since I have no sense of art whatsoever) and members who can build a save/load system since I have no previous experience in such.

Like my other maps, spell damage maybe based on stats to allow flexibility rather than every1 using 100 damage firebolts over and over again.

Any1 interested? Any comments?

Progress: None, still an idea

V2.

V2.

Level 3
Ive seen that show avatar, and i think that it should be a more of a ORPG like the show you know that u can chose your element and stuff i think that would be really cool aswell as random events like wars and stuff...

Level 10
Ive seen that show avatar, and i think that it should be a more of a ORPG like the show you know that u can chose your element and stuff i think that would be really cool aswell as random events like wars and stuff...

agreed I think it should be a Orpg game, and also, make sure you can make, or get some models for them, no bald kid in that game=X

Status
Not open for further replies.