• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Automatic World Editor updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey guys!

I've been having an issue with the world editor in the past year. As the developers have made many changes, especially regarding game balance, I find that my editor seems to be out of date. Whenever I make a new map, those changes don't apply. For instance, Human Knights do not have this extra research (don't know the English name, something about better weapons), or gold/wood/food/mana costs are not the same. I don't want to have to manually implement all these each time I create a new map, so do you now if I can make my editor upload itself? Automatically would be better.

Thanks for the help!

Level 24
Take these steps:

upload_2020-11-8_14-2-52.png

upload_2020-11-8_14-3-30.png

upload_2020-11-8_14-5-22.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Setting to melee latest balance will couple your map to any changes Blizzard makes to melee. If your map is a modified melee this generally is a good thing as you want your map to follow the standard game balance. However if your map is a heavily modified custom map then this can be a bad thing since changes Blizzard make to melee balance could break parts of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.