• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Automatic change of the editor version:

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
I have a problem with my editor because sometimes when I save the map, the version of the editor is changing. It causes for example that some costs are changed (Lumber Mill 145 gold, not 120). Also, many spells have their older mechanics. My question is why it happens and how to avoid this? Or how to get another editor, which wouldn't crash? It started, when I was working with another map (this map was old). Now when I switch windows or make any triggers my map changes its version. Help me, please. :(
123.png
1234.png

Level 11
Do this:

Scenario (between "Layer" and "Tools" on the toolbar) -> Map Properties -> Game Data Set (it's at the bottom, right below the water tinting)

Set it to "Custom (TFT 1.07, RoC 1.01)"

The game data should now stabilize.

Do this:

Scenario (between "Layer" and "Tools" on the toolbar) -> Map Properties -> Game Data Set (it's at the bottom, right below the water tinting)

Set it to "Custom (TFT 1.07, RoC 1.01)"

The game data should now stabilize.
I suggest sticking to Latest Melee Patch instead. Custom can mess a lot of stuff.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If your map is based around melee play then use Latest Melee Patch and be prepared for slight balance changes in the future to correspond with Blizzard melee balance changes.

If your map does not use anything from melee play then use Custom. This gives you protection from melee balance changes messing up your object data in the future.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What should I do if smoe things are changed but the other still have old data?
That should not happen. If it is then it is a data bleed bug. Either all data should be the original release data, or all data should be getting sourced from melee balance.

Only exception might be if the map is Reign of Chaos compliant. In which case melee patch might source the latest RoC melee data which is different from TFT melee data and original data would be original RoC release rather than original TFT release. That said who honestly makes RoC maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.