• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autocast doesn't work after unit upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
This isn't exactly about triggers but I couldn't find a better board for this.

I'm creating a TD at this moment and I implement a Summoner Tower. After building the tower and after an upgrade the Life Points of that tower is set to 99%. This tower has an autocast (based on Heal), which is healing himself by 0 points. Every time the autocast is casted a trigger creates a unit. This works fine with the first level of the tower. After upgrading the tower the autocast is still active but the tower don't cast it anymore. I have to cast the first time manually before it works again.
If I deactivate the autocast before I upgrade and activate it again, everything works fine...

Is there any such known bug with autocasts? I couldn't find anything about something like that.

Best Regards,
David

Level 2
Okay found the solution. I needed both of your replys for that.

When I cast it manually via trigger, the problem is that the cooldown is still existent after the upgrade. So I tried to remove the abillity, add it again and turn on the autocast. Then I had the same problem as before. I had to cast the abillity manually after that and then everything works fine.

Here is the trigger:

• SummonerSetLife
    • Ereignisse
      • Einheit - A unit Vollendet den Bau
      • Einheit - A unit Vollendet einen Ausbau
    • Bedingungen
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Bedingungen
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Gleich Summoner Tower 1
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Gleich Summoner Tower 2
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Gleich Summoner Tower 3
    • Aktionen
      • Einheit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to 99.00%
      • Einheit - Remove Summon from (Triggering unit)
      • Einheit - Add Summon to (Triggering unit)
      • Einheit - Order (Triggering unit) to Menschen-Priester - 'Heilen' aktivieren
      • Einheit - Order (Triggering unit) to Menschen-Priester - 'Heilen' (Triggering unit)
Sorry for the german parts in the code :/

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.