• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autocast Ability Triggers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well this ability probably will need triggers what im trying to do is have something like cold arrows but the bonus is damage over time i just cant figure out how to go about it.Somone to guide me through it would be nice :)

Level 16
I have finished trigger. If you want this to work, do following:

1. Create ability based on ''Faerie Fire'' (because of autocast)
2. Create dummy unit with 99999 mana and 1000 mana regeneration
3. Create ability based on ''Acid Bomb''
4. Modify acid bomb (damage, buff, duration, missile, art etc...)
5. Add ''Acid Bomb'' to dummy unit
6. Implement this trigger:

• Auto Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <Faerie Fire>
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 <Dummy> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Unit - Order (Last restored unit) to Neutral Alchemist - Acid Bomb (Target unit of ability being cast)
Note that Faerie Fire is only ''Auto-Cast'' ability that uses event ''Unit - A unit Begins casting/Finishes Casting/Starts the effect of an ability''

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Note that Faerie Fire is only ''Auto-Cast'' ability that uses event ''Unit - A unit Begins casting/Finishes Casting/Starts the effect of an ability''
Please do not tell false information to confuse people.

Heal, parasite, slow, innerfire, curse and infact all non attack based abilities run those events when autocast. This is due to the attack ones not actually casting the spell and just modifying the units attack to add that ability like orbs do.

Status
Not open for further replies.