• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making ability not stack & not autocast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Well, it's a simple thing, I guess, but I made an ability based of Faerie Fire to add bonus instead of reducing it, but it stacks. Is there any way to make it not stack? Any code is acceptable.

Also, it's autocast by default, is there a way to remove that?

Also also, is there a better ability to base off a simple "add armor bonus" spell? I thought Frost Armor, but I don't know how to remove the cold effect when units attack a frost armored unit.

+Repz

And why don't you trigger it?
I mean have a cripple based spell (so that it has a buff), that,
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • If/ Then/ Else
      • If (Conditions)
        • Boolean Equal to False
      • Then (Actions)
        • Set Boolean = True
        • Set Target1 = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Unit - Add Item Bonus Armor to (Target1)
        • Trigger - Turn on (Trigger2 <gen>)
      • Else (Actions)
  • Trigger2
  • Events
    • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game-time
  • Conditions
    • (Target1) has (Buff) Equal to False
  • Actions
    • Unit - Remove Item Bonus Armor from (Target1)
    • Set Boolean = False
Just give the modified cripple a duration of how long you want the armor to last, and the trigger will remove the armor bonus once the buff is not there. It is a flexible way, cause, even if you get purged, the bonus armor will be removed even then.

Level 13
I really don't feel like having periodic triggers if I can do it in another way. But thanks for the effort.

Make a dummy inner fire ability and one for your hero / unit based on channel. When unit / hero casts that channel create a dummy and order it to do inner fire on target. If you don't know how to do that, just tell me and I'll do you a trigger.

This way your ability won't stack and it won't be autocast. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I know what Inner Fire is :p

+reps guys

Status
Not open for further replies.