• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

> Authorities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I ask my Superiors with great humility and sincerity to read these topic with open minds & hearts.It is not my intention to accuse you of making bad judgements nor searching for any defects. I believe that this post of mine is not against the rules w/ special mention to the General Forum Rules>Do Not Post For Specific People that I think it is quite misleading.

Hence, I ask for these followings to be considered:

1. It is better that the authorities will only delete double posts because posting warning + PM on this ground eats space. If you are tired of the redundancy then take rests.

2. Review the reasons for warning. Make the reasons relevant to the rules.

3. Review and Revise the rules. Present it by bullets or numbers so that the authorities will learn to state the reasons in this form (GF Rules section 1 paragraph xx). Do not elaborate. In this way it will reduce redundancy & everyone will learn to read the rules.

4. Tour those people who are misleading & are lost in translations. If one must know, that certain actions can discourage someone. People get confused in their feelings when they are warned & they evolved into something unnatural. (Opps.. sorry I thought this was a service center)

Feel free to warn me if it appears that I am taming the predatorial instincts and domesticating the wilds.

Sincerely Yours,
harper

Level 11
Hmm... I didn't get everything into this post but neither do I see why you should be banned for noticing some possible important stuff.

What I got important from here is that moderators should not be very harsh with those who are new to the site (perhaps you should consider new, people under a certain ammount of posts) and perhaps didn't really get the rules. Situations like: "You are warned!" because this guy posted into the wrong thread and because he simply slipped a pinned thread. For example: Requests forum. It happened to some newbies of the site to not notice the pinned thread with rules of that section, and so post a spell request there. I don't really have a proof and I don't see the point of showing you one. But I agree with more encouragement to those who are at the beginning. Of course exaggeration should immediately lead to warnings if not even to banning. But for a first mistake, perhaps you should keep a list (yeah yeah... more work) and see those who have already broke a rule. Those who haven't should be attentioned through a PM.

Also, I believe that some rules are of common sense and so, they shouldn't be break anyway. Like, swearing hard or flaming other members. But posting into the wrong place is an easy mistake I think, atleast for a newbie.

Well, this is my opinion. If you found this post a waste of time, sorry.

~Daelin

Level 12
I see your point.

1. I only warn people for spamming if it goes more than twice.

2. Somewhat yes. I examine the situation at least.

3. That tends to get in the way especially in smilie abuse or cap locks.

4. That's not a problem. When we warn people, a message is automatically sent to tell them.

Hmmm... not too sure about this as a sticky in the staff forum (which I shouldn't have told you :O )

Status
Not open for further replies.