• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Aura on the head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, so I'm trying to get this model to work properly, but it has a problem with its auras. Basically it is placing it over its head instead of under its feet. Same goes for a custom ability I made that gives the model a Hero Glow. I am trying to fix it using WC3 Model editor, but I'm not so sure how to do it, or fi ti is even posible- Could you give me a hand? Thanks in advance!

Rattemenschen Monk

Level 6
Just opening and resaving the model in War3 Model Editor works in this case.
But if you even encounter another issue like that in the future, here's what you can do with War3 Model Editor :
In the Node Manager, you may right click on an object, select « Edit Node » and tick « Don't Inherit Translation ».
You see, if any node is placed under another node in the tree view (=parent and child relation), for example the « Weapon Ref » is under the « Staff » bone, it'll get the translation (3d location), rotation and scaling of its parent by default. So you can either disable this by checking the « Don't Inherit » boxes, or just move the node's location in the tree view.

Level 2
Thanks. It was actually a problem with the node being placed above his head. I corrected it using WC3 Model Editor and changing the position manually

Level 6
If you're referring to the « Origin Ref » above « OverHead Ref » in the tree view, this order doesn't change anything. Only parents/children relations matter : for example « Weapon Ref » is the child of « Staff », itself the child of « Bone_Staff », but « BlizParticle02 » is not the child of « Bone_Hand on Staff » : they're children of « Bone_Staff »

Level 20
If you're referring to the « Origin Ref » above « OverHead Ref » in the tree view, this order doesn't change anything. Only parents/children relations matter : for example « Weapon Ref » is the child of « Staff », itself the child of « Bone_Staff », but « BlizParticle02 » is not the child of « Bone_Hand on Staff » : they're children of « Bone_Staff »
I'm positive he means he physically moved the node.

Status
Not open for further replies.