• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attackspeed calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi,

in my map i have a tower called geiger counter. (that physik thing that can count the radiation of atoms)

It has the ability to increase the attackspeed per 10 creeps on the map and get a little loss of damage to compansate dps increase.

My question now is:

If it attacks basicly with 4.00 how much must i increase the attackspeed (gloves of haste ability) to get to max attackspeed, which should be 0.1 right?

Does +100% Attackspeed means half the original attackspeed ?
So would +100% be 2.00? (if Base is 4.00)

Or is 1.00 at the ability just the reduction without any percentage and the result would be 3.00?

So if i have 10 steps of increasing attackspeed how much must be one step to get to 0.1 with the 10th one?

By the way, because i really like this forum and the people who try to help me i gonna show you the map.
There is atm no balancing, not all Level and Races included.
When it's finished i hope to have created a map at the level of shopping maul or skibi. :D

Last edited:
Level 3
Even if max attackspeed is 0.01, i think 0.1 is really fast enough for a tower defense.

Too many attacks will cause extreme lag and crashes.

Think about 400 towers attacking at 0.01......

Just another question:

If I have 2.00 basespeed and add +200%.
Is the result 0.5 ? (basicly 2.00 +100% = 1.00 + 100% = 0.5)

Last edited:
Level 3
I see.

So 2.00 base speed + 200% would be 200/3 = around 0.66 .
:D

By the way does permanent immolation stack ?

Level 3
With a Gloves of Haste abillity? Uhm... yeah, I think so.

Usually, 2 abillities of the same type, but with a different number, don't stack. So I don't see why a gloves of haste type wouldn't stack with immolation. o_O

Unless of course you want to modify the "attack speed" of the immolation? I think that's impossible, not quite sure though, ask around. But I think it's stuck at "X" damage per 1 second.

Level 3
U misunderstood me.

If I make a dps ability with permanent immolation.
If 2 towers have it, will creeps get damaged from both towers or just from one. ? ^^

Level 3
U misunderstood me.

If I make a dps ability with permanent immolation.
If 2 towers have it, will creeps get damaged from both towers or just from one. ? ^^

Just one, but you can easily trigger it to make the others damage too.

Status
Not open for further replies.