1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Role Playing Game] Hero idea: Aura Man

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Paulus, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dear Hivers,

I'm making a 4 player dungeon crawler. I have a custom hero who i'm not certain about. Here he is:
    Name: Aura Man (beta name ofcourse)
    Pri Attribute: Strenght
    Skills:
    Holy light :
    100/200/300 heal + Movementspeed attackspeed and armor buff depents on lvl of aura
    Dmg spell :
    100/200/300 dmg + Movementspeed attackspeed and armor debuff depents on lvl of aura
    Aura :
    Movementspeed attackspeed and armor aura
    Ultimate
    Hero splits into 3 forms (panda ultimate):
    form 1. Heal + Movementspeed aura
    form 2. Dmg + Attackspeed aura
    form 3. Stormbolt + Armoraura

Im a bit concernt about how fun it is to play this hero. Also you almost need to level the aura first otherwise the other 2 skills have less output.
    I would like to know what you guys think about this hero and maybe have suggestions or feedback.
    Thx

2. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think this thread must be either at the Idea Factory Section or Request section.

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. too OP you can't have something that boosts 4-5 stats in one spell..
    2. be creative, the names are lame
    3. the abilities are super simple, nothing semi unique or new at all.
    4. you present it kinda poorly

Sorry for being so negative, I just feel like you can do a lot better if you just put your back into it so to say.

I tried to create a hero based on your idea. even if you don't like my idea you can take it as a template on how to present your hero.

example hero idea

[​IMG]Gnax - Master of the Forgotten [INT]

[​IMG]Empowerment - [Passive]
    Each time Gnax cast an spell he gains one stack of "Empowerment". Upon reaching 7 stacks his next ability will have the double effect.

[​IMG]Blessing of Valor - [No Target - Activate]
    The closest friendly target gains a bonus speed boost for 1/1,5/2 seconds. The speed boost is equal to 35% of Gnax current movementspeed.

[​IMG]Hope - [No Target - Activate]
    Every ally within 300 yards of Gnax recives an absorb shield equal of 10% of their maximum health. Additionally Gnax is invulnerable for 0,5/0,75/1 seconds after casting this ability.

[​IMG]Lost Magic - [Target Ground - Activate]
    Every unit within 150 yards of the targeted location will get pulled towards the center suffering significant damage. (150/250/350 * int * 2) they are also slowed by 40% for 1 second.

4. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great, ideas you have. Anyways I think it will help him a lot.

5. Paulus

Paulus

Resources:
    Resources:
    @chaosy
    Yhea it was just a sketch, so the names are dull. The hero seemed to OP, so much stats gain is to much. I like your hero idea and its giving me a loth of inspiration for new abilities. Thx