• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attacking while moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There are 3 units that I know of which have attack while moving weapons.

The phonix.
The interceptor (launced by carrier).
The mother ship

As you are unable to look up their weapons and see how they are configured I will post some simple guide lines which will help you set them up like desired.

Firstly change the allowed movement of the weapon to moving.
Secondly change the weapon options turning off "only fire at attack target" and "only fire while attacking".
Thirdly.... Your done

Anyone posting that "this is impossible" or "it needs triggers to be done" has obviously no experience with the subject in question so should consider practicing more.

Level 5
The hellion can also attack while moving.

In the weapon's section, change "Allowed Movement" to move.

Also, go to "Options" and uncheck "Only fire at target" and "Only fire while attacking"

I havn't had time to test this next part - but if you uncheck "Linked Cooldown" you can have a unit use it's attacks simultaneously. An example of this will be a Hydralisk using its melee and ranged attacks at the same time / or, the Uberlisk firing it's Spine Crawlers and being able to use it's melee attack at the same time.

Note: The uberlisk example, might not be to do with "Linked Cooldown" since the Spine Crawlers are attatchments...

Level 5
In fact, any unit which has a 'turret'-like weapon system can effectively fire while moving.

What I mean by this is, any unit which has a seperate sort of 'part' which rotates to face a target, eg. Hellion, Siege Tank, Photon Cannon, Spine Crawler, Missile Turrets etc...

Instead of the entire model rotating to face a target before displaying it's attack animation, eg. Marines, Hydralisks, Stalkers, Immortals etc...

note: I am actually in the middle of reinstalling Starcraft 2 on my PC - so am not able to check this out but will look into it very soon.

Level 11
The hellion can also attack while moving.
Also the Siege Tank (Tank Mode) :p
No, they can't. ST and Hellions can only acquire targets they are not facing.

In any case, if you want your unit to be able to firing while moving and facing a target, just make its weapon allow moving. If you want it to be firing while moving and not facing targets, do the same thing but also add on the turret "Free Rotate".

Level 5
Wrong. Turrets are only needed to have the graphics of the unit display properly. You can have a marine with no turrets shoot while moving but it will not look very good (sliding).

Aye, any unit can attack while moving, but if they don't have a graphical part, they'll be sliding. It's actually kinda funny to see 12 Marauders sliding around with their fists up in the air shooting rockets.

However, the better question is how to make multiple attack types to attack the same time when standing still. I have a Battlecruiser that when moving shoots out the normal Battlecruiser weapons, Thermal Lances, Mothership Beams, and the Photon Cannon orbs things. However, the second it stands still, it might occasionally fire Photons orbs, but only the Battlecruiser attack keeps firing.

Level 1
Firstly change the allowed movement of the weapon to moving.
Secondly change the weapon options turning off "only fire at attack target" and "only fire while attacking".
Thirdly.... Your done

ok heres the problem, i make a battle cruiser, i add lanzer torpedos from viking, and infernal flame thrower from hellion. I change the battlecruiser turret to 360 degrees, so it fires in all directions. I change the weapons to fire while moving, and it still stops shooting while moving. And only some weapons have the CWeapon options that allow for removing linked cooldown and only fire at target. The upgraded goli guns and diamondback has these options, but most weapons do not. Is there a way i can add these options to the weapons that do not have them? i have tried everything i can think of and its just not working.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I advise messing with your views until it shows all fields.

All weapons from the same parent template will have the same fields available. If it still is missing, I advise using a different parent template.

In SC2, all ingame data are children of template data types. The template data types define what fields you can use. Basic principles behind object orientated databases.

Level 1
I advise messing with your views until it shows all fields.

All weapons from the same parent template will have the same fields available. If it still is missing, I advise using a different parent template.

In SC2, all ingame data are children of template data types. The template data types define what fields you can use. Basic principles behind object orientated databases.

aha, thatk you, there it is, i was so confused for so long, that helps, i just turned on all the buttons at the top of the field

Status
Not open for further replies.