• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Type, Damage Type affect to Magic Immune, Ethereal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
I'm interested in real damage dealing in wc3. After reading this:
1. WC3's Damage System
2. REPO in progress - mapping damage types to their abilities
3. Damage Calculation - Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki
4. Ethereal - Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki
I've got a couple questions. I'm trying to extract the most usefull, practical information, which can be used in playing melee wc3. As it was mentioned in first article we have 4 damage types: Magic, Universal, Normal, Enhanced. As we can see in the second articcle there are much more of them but they have simmillar behavior so author desided to extract 4 of them. He also decided to create a table:
upload_2020-1-19_9-43-6.png

I'm trying to understand it. For example understuding column: "Reduced by Defense Valuse?" is very simple (same behavior). Well meaby trying to undersund the others is not that hard. But as I told, I'm trying to extract only usefull informstions (usefull for playing, not triggering I mean).
It was told in the 3 artticle that "Universal damage is not reduced by armor rating and also affects spell immune units. Most damaging ultimates have damage type universal." But I can see that AT Magic DT Universal is not affecting spell immune.
Here is my question: Can u please give me one examples of each combination of AT, DT. For example:
AT: Spells DT: Universal = Death and Decay
Because I want to know if there are usefull, existing examples of each of them. I mean I am not sure if there is AT: Magic DT: Universal example in the game.

I meantioned I need examples of each of them but u can also just inform me if there are existing examples and I will find them for my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.