• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I got a problem with a spell. I wanted to make it with GUI. The spell effect that it's decrease the Targeted Unit of Ability Being Cast power by 50%. I don't know how I can make it. Please help. :goblin_boom:

Level 11
Attack Power? As in Damage?

I suggest you make a Dummy Unit and give it Inner Fire. Set Inner Fire to 0 bonus armor, 0 bonus life regen and 50% bonus damage. Use triggers to create the Dummy Unit and set an expiration timer to it, then order it to cast Inner Fire on the target.

Level 11
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to YOUR SPELL
    • Actions
      • Set Loc = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY UNIT for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Loc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
Also I misread decrease and though it was increase. Either set Inner Fire's bonus damage to -50% and change the buff color of it to red to make it look negative. Or, a better choice would be to use another dummy ability that simply decreases a units damage, Howl of Terror for instance.

Level 33
I think you guys must have misunderstood him...
He said Attack Power, meaning the targeted unit's Physical Damage, the 40 - 45 to be reduced to 50%

Just base on "Cripple" spell
Data - Attack Speed Reduction -> 0.00
Data - Damage Reduction -> 0.50 (standard values in world editor)
Data - Movement Speed Reduction -> 0.00

And you're done :)
No trigger is needed

But if you're still wanna do it in Trigger Editor...
Here's a test map, download and test it :)

Attachments

• Damage Reduction Spell.w3x
    13.3 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.