• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

for raven or someone!!!!!!! plz help me with a code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Code:
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to (Spell Name)
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (Range) of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 (Dummy Caster) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add (Dummy Spell) to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (Dummy Spell) (picked unit)
Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

but how can i make that my dummys attack or cast spell on units that are targeted by forked light. i dont wanna range------???

THANKS
:(

Level 5
Are you trying to make a spell that adds extra effects to forked lightning so that they only cast on enemy units cuz your tirgger if fine, but if you want to cast on just the enemy units you would have to change a line.

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (Range) of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do

to

Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (Range) mathing conditions (matching unit equal to an enemy unit of owner of triggering unit) of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do

I'm not to sure if this is what you wanted if not post alittle more info and maby i can help.

Level 2
come on ppl ......... how can i add extra effects to forked lightning,,,,, something like poison ,but i want to inflict poison dmg over time only on enemy units that are targeted by forked lightning. :roll:

Level 11
Umm.. I don't really get the targetting the units for the forked lightning but you can change the spell's beam animation (or whatever) to Mana Flare. Add all the units affected to an unit group and make a trigger which drains an amount of life from each unit in that group every second. When teh duration is off, you get the unit out of the group. SO put a condition for the second trigger to ensure that its activated only when the group is not empty. I hope it works.

Level 5
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within (Range) mathing conditions (matching unit equal to an enemy unit of owner of triggering unit) of (Target point of ability being cast)) and do (then the whole dummy unit casts a dummy spell thing, maby changed shadow strike for the poison)

use this conditon when you cast the forked lightning. You may have to alter forked lightning so it hit every unit in the area so it dosen't look like a unit got poisoned with out being hit by the lightning.

Level 2
well i still have a problem with this ----

Unit - Add (Dummy Spell) to (Last created unit)
i used ""Unit - issue order targeting a unit"" for this below
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to (Dummy Spell)(picked unit)
- i have a problem ,well i cant find ""to (dummy spell)"" or my name of a spell i only have a attack ,attack once,follow,harvest and a bunch more actions and spells like ""human priest- inner fire , human paladin- holy light..."" but there is no my custom spell or custom units with my custom spell.. :?:

Level 9
@CroChaos
1) Use the spell that your custom spell was based off.
2) I think that Forked Lightning leaps to the nearest targetable unit, so it should be possible to predict its path with some accuracy.

@leissaK
Aww... did you miss me?

I've been playing WoW and starting high school; the former has taken up more of my time than the latter.

~The_Raven

Status
Not open for further replies.