• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Indexing Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello,

I have searched the forum and there was only one other post regarding this issue, and it was never answered. Here is the basics:
Unit:
Attack Index 1:
- Range 0
- Targets - Ground
Attack Index 2:
- Range 250
- Targets Ground
No attack indexes enabled.

Sword Item Effect:
- Enable attack index 1

Bow Item Effect:
- Enable attack index 2

This works fine for the bow item, but when I equip a unit solely with the sword item, it has a ranged attack. Can anyone work out why this is happening? I have tried it on default melee heroes, only enabling their attack 2 to target ground, and it seems it always defaults to 2 even when the item only enables index 1.

Hope this makes sense, if not please let me know!

Level 11
Unfortunately when I tried something similar I could never actually enable attack 1. Everything that claimed to enable attack 1 enabled attack 2 instead.

My solution, though not a perfect one, was to use Silence to disable ranged attacks, along with enabling both attack 1 and 2. Since the ranged attack was unavailable, the melee one was used instead.

The downsides of my method include a debuff icon on the unit and hero's attacks not showing up properly next to their portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.