• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack Animation Impact Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
How can I change the impact moment(the moment when the damage is dealt and the sound is played in the game) of an attack animation.
I noticed that most attack animations deal their damage and play their sound when 1/3 of the animation has played out.
The blademaster's attack slam animation however deals its damage and plays its slice sound a lot later (about when 2/3 of the animation has played out). How can I replicate this?

Level 14
No that tutorial lists how to add additional sounds(like a swing sound or a death sound) to the animation.
I want to alter the moment the attack actually takes place in the animation.
Example:
Attack -1 starts at frame 2000 and ends at frame 3000
This means that normally in game when the unit attacks the hit sound will play at about frame 2333 and the damage will be applied at that time.

What I want to make is change that moment so that when the unit attacks the sound of the attack will be played at frame 2666 and the damage will be dealt at that time.

Level 14
I do not want to change the interval of a event object.

I want to change the moment the damage and sound of the attack is applied in the game for a certain animation of the model.
There is no event object for that. It is probably done some other way.

Level 14
Look I do not want to change the moment a event object(sound) plays, there is no event object to be changed. I want to change the moment the damage is applied and the weapon hit(not swing) sound is played.

To understand better do this.
1. Run warcraft 3
2. Make any unit( that does not have a ranged attack)
3. Make the unit attack something
4. Hear that when the unit hits something the game plays a sound and applies damage.
(this takes place at about when 1/3 of the attack animation has played)

Now what I want to do is change the moment the damage is applied and the sound plays.
this is not a event object, so I can not learn how to change it by getting a explanation of how to make event objects(I know how to do that, I already tried that and it does not do what I want).

I uploaded a footman model that has a particle emitter start at a certain frame(13267) in his attack -1 animation, now what I want is someone to change the moment that the damage is applied and the hit sound is played (in game) to when this particle emitter starts emitting, not before.
And after that explain how he did it.

Attachments

• FootmanAttack.mdx
    102.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Level 14
The animation is a Attack Slam animation, if I make it a Spell Slam the game does not use it during a critical strike/bash/cleave attack.
Apparently I will just have to change the attack damage point to something in the middle between the appropriate damage points of the attack animations, so that it sort of fits all. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.