• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] Attack Action Actor launch site ops problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi guys,

in my TD i have a tower that uses a model that has no attachment point (warcraft doodad model).
the problem is that the projectile launches from the ground (z=0)
what i want to achieve is that it launches from somewhere above the ground (what i could easily achieve by setting LaunchAttachQuery to origin and use a site op that moves it up - for towers that have the origin attachment point)
i played around a lot with the LaunchSiteOps but nothing changes at all

does anyone know how to fix this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Try setting the launch offset Z for the missile launch effect to something greater than 0. If it cannot interpolate missile actor position from an attachment point it should fall back to the origin of the missile unit, which can be offset via the missile launch effect.

Level 4
thanks for the answer! i didnt even think of looking into the launch effect...

but even adjusting that launch offset does not move it up, still the (parabola --> guided) mover uses it to calculate its horizontal speed, which lets the missile slow down at the end.

i managed to solve it now: in the launch effect i set LaunchLocation to Source POINT (instead of source unit) and now the LaunchSiteOps in the attack action actor do work as it now uses the global coordinate system

Status
Not open for further replies.