• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Weapon persistent launch origin attachment selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Persistent weapon launch origin attachment selection?

Solved

Incase anyone in the future is curious, it's accessed from the actor that creates the weapons persistent/missile.

Do a search for 'query' and mess around with the options.

How would I change where a persistent weapon is launched from?

I've edited a model with Weapon 1-15 attachments, but can't seem to find it in the data editor to select which ones are utilized.

Last edited:
what exactly is a persistant weapon? or could you explain the effect chain of the weapon?

A persistent weapon, for example, would be the sentry beam attack or void ray attack.

Unlike traditional weapon models they do not spawn "Missiles", or models from a certain point then launch them to a different point.

Instead they recognize two points, in this case being "Center" and "Target ##", then create a persistent effect between the two.

For some reason the effects are only created from the "Center" attachment.

I want them to utilize "Weapon ##" attachments.

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/KIku62T.jpg

Level 9
cool star trek, please link the map in your signature when finished.

i have a similiar problem (but the caster/attacker is not the host of the beam). but usually using the action_actor's launchattachquery should do the job (methods weapon 1-w/e)

Level 9
normally there is an action actor and a beam actor (look at archon's attack).
the action actor has this field. if you don't have one i would create one or start with a duplication of something similiar (you mentioned void ray, why not using it as template, i saw that there are not all linked actors shown in editor anymore, so search for void inside actors and have a look at action tab.)

normally there is an action actor and a beam actor (look at archon's attack).
the action actor has this field. if you don't have one i would create one or start with a duplication of something similiar (you mentioned void ray, why not using it as template, i saw that there are not all linked actors shown in editor anymore, so search for void inside actors and have a look at action tab.)

I'll take a look in the new version of my map. Thank you.

Leaving thread as unsolved until tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.