• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
K well, I have some questions I need answered, so I'm hoping someone here could help.

1: I gave my ships an ability to launch a nuke, it's suppose to fire a missile turret missile and when it detonates, detonate like a nuke. It works fine except for the fact that the missile flies from the ground beneath the ship, rather then from the ship itself.

2: Is there a way to change a weapons period fire-rate without a persistent file? I mean like.... I want a gun to go pewpewpew -pause- pewpewpew, but so far in my map the only way I know of getting that is with a Persistent file that allows you to change how many periods the weapon has and the time between them. But some weapons don't have that file, so I don't know how to change it.

3: Is it possible to change the color of a projectile? I wanted to use the photon cannon projectile for two different weapons, but one weapon is suppose to fire green shots rather then blue.

4: How do you go about creating a continious beam? Like the Void Ray or Sentry. I want to use the Archon attack, but make it one continious beam, but I just can't figure out how.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, as these problems are severely limiting the progress I can make.

Level 3
1. I think the problem here is with the actor for the missile launch attack. Actors kindof get confusing like that ._. Make sure you have it so that the Launch Attatchment Query is set for the part of the model you want the missile to fire from. You should look at the actors for other attacks to see which one pertains to what you really want for that particular model.

2. I think that there's a "Period" field in the weapon data file itself. That will affect how fast the weapon fires, I believe.

3. Yes. Go to the actor that pertains to the projectile and go to "Events". Add a new event and set it to "Actor Creation", which means it'll start the moment the actor is created. Then add the action "Set Tint Color" (I think thats the name of it) and select the color.

4. That would need a persistent effect, like the Void Ray and Sentry. One thing you could do is take the Sentry weapon, copy it entirely, then go to its actor and change its beam actor from the Sentry beam to the Archon beam. I'm not sure if that'll completely do it simply because beam actors follow specific effect events, so another thing you could do is go to the model data for the Sentry beam and switch it to the archon beam.

I hope that answers your questions. :3

Level 3
1: I found a place called "Attachment" in the tabs of an actor, and it said it's attachment point was "Center" and "AMFWeapon00" but those two are the exact same for every other weapon I check, so why wouldn't it work on my weapon?

2: I actually got this one to work by creating a 'Create Persistent' for the specified weapon.
Edit: Scratch that, I got it to work, thank you :D

3: I did as you instructed but ingame the projectile is still blue, I need it to be pink.

4: I'll try this one later, as I imagine it'll be the most complicated, beams ftl.

Status
Not open for further replies.