• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Attachment of Axe for Throw smoothly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am curious about if an axe attached to an unit's hand, is there a possibility to perform an Axe Throw.

Axe attached to Hand -> Throw from Hand -> Down to the Ground. (No attachment to the Unit anymore)
So can this move be done seamlessly?

Share your concept is enough for, therefore no details or a demo is really needed if there haven't any already.
Thanks!

Level 11
Does the axe throwing have to occur with each attack, or only when using a specific ability?

If it's only with a specific ability (let's call it Axe Throwing):
It is possible to remove the axe from the hand when thrown with a trigger.
Your axe attachment must be an ability, based on an item ability, like defence bonus (so there is no icon). Set the attachment point to hand,right or hand,left. Let's call this ability AxeAttachment. Add this ability to your unit.
Then, when your axe thrower uses the Axe Throwing ability, you can use the trigger Unit - Remove <AxeAttachment> ability from unit: it will remove the attachment.
The Axe Throwing ability must have a missile looking like the axe attachment.
However I'm not sure how you can stick the axe into the ground. You may use a custom item using the axe attachment model, and create that axe item at the point where the axe were thrown, something like that. Then your hero can pick up the item, and repeat the process (you can make it so the hero gets the AxeAttachment ability and Axe Throwing ability when picking up the item). But I'm not sure it would work very well, visually speaking. I depends on the axe model, I guess.

Hope this helps a little! :)

Level 2
@Sieben
Yes, base on an ability.

You got the idea correctly, it will play good. Thanks.
Although, i think i may lose some details to the theme in core.

Without the full course of is made in the Model's Animation, for close looking as like playing cinematics, can the Axe be thrown smoothly from the hand by Object&Trigger(Jass)?

Status
Not open for further replies.