• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Attachment Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i talked about this today during chat to ralle and i told him what happened.
I try to upload stuff and sometimes i get this(im uploading jpg files and using FireFox3). Im not sure if this has happened to other users or not but this is my 3rd time seeing this. When this happened i was on this thread when it happened for the second and third time.
That is as much detail as i can provide. I will try to describe it better if someone asks. Attached is a picture of what popped up for me. I think this may have been cause by the pictures already attached to a different thread but i am not sure

Attachments

• HIVE BUG.jpg
    HIVE BUG.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 61
Level 24
That stuff at the top is possibly a JAVA error, but you only receive it when attaching files that you've already attached to another post.

Level 15
I'll tell you right now, that isn't a Javascript error.

It appears to be a problem with the forum directory missing a file.

The file missing is a file associated with uploading attachments. vBulletin comes with a large amount of files which need to be uploaded to the forum directory, this one is in the 'Includes' folder, I'm not sure what would cause this error, as I have not had any problems with uploading. I think Ralle just needs to re-upload that file to the forum directory.

~Deathcom3s

Level 15
It looks like vBulletin expects there to be temporary uploaded files where there are not any actually. This may be a minor server issue or a vBulletin issue.

Please let us know if it persists.

Level 24
Ugh, no. The file you are uploading to that one post has already been attached to another post, possibly in another thread. Ralle's scripts prevent that from happening, and the error at the top is when vBulletin or JAVA or whatever don't like it that they received an "upload" command but nothing is there, because Ralle's scripts stop it.

Level 15
The code which only allows users to upload a file to one post, but not to be able to reupload it to another post comes standard with vBulletin. I have never had those warning messages appear when I tried to re-upload a file. I think the 747 means the chmod permissions, I think the chmod permissions need to be modified to 777, meaning that the file is readable, writeable and executable. So that the upload.php function can execute.

That's all I think this means, I'll look into it a little more.

~Deathcom3s

Level 15
The code which only allows users to upload a file to one post, but not to be able to reupload it to another post comes standard with vBulletin. I have never had those warning messages appear when I tried to re-upload a file. I think the 747 means the chmod permissions, I think the chmod permissions need to be modified to 777, meaning that the file is readable, writeable and executable. So that the upload.php function can execute.

That's all I think this means, I'll look into it a little more.

~Deathcom3s
The /tmp is already writable by the server process. That is not the problem here. Someone's code (be it Ralle's, vBulletin's, or whomever's) is trying to unlink (delete) a file in the /tmp directory that doesn't exist anymore. At minimum, the code should have proper error trapping so that it doesn't display the PHP error like that. For example:

PHP:
if (file_exists($file))
{
  @unlink($file);
}
This one is up to Ralle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.