• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attach/Attack varying Hero Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Alright, so I'm aware of these high-functioning models that have both bow and melee animations and a lot of things can easily be attached to them. Obviously they're used in many oRPGs and in Steel's DnD.

I wanted to either know how to adapt other models to do it as a novice model tweaker or figure out where to get my hands on some of these models.

Thanks much :3

Level 5
I think you can use the demon hunter as a reference. you see, the demon hunter is a melee unit, but when it casts his ultimate skill, he turns into a ranged unit.
as for the animations, you would need to download the villager with 255 animations from the models section and rename the ranged attacks and melee attacks to the proper names

What do you mean, you want a melee unit to ranged unit? If a unit has two animations, say he got ranged and melee, you can assign one to be an alternate animation. It would be "attack" for melee attack and "attack alternate" for ranged attack. attack alternate animation can be accessed by creating a trigger swapping both animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.