• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Armor/Attack types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Are there any ways of changing the attack and armor types of heroes and unit using triggers?

for example change from Hero attack into Normal attack

Level 25
You could use the Chaos ability (changes one unit into another, just have the other unit an exact copy of the first except with the different damage type). with a requirement of a dummy unit, so when you want to change the attack damage, you simply create that dummy unit.

Level 5
You can change attack-type through certain upgrades (for example Flying Machine Bombs), through certain abilities that changes unit type (for example chaos) and through certain items (such as Orbs).

If you do it by using Chaos, you need, as was stated above, to create an identical unit type that has a different attack type. As for upgrades or items, you need to modify the second attack of the unit so that it has a different attack type (as you might be familiar with every unit has two possible attacks, though often only one is initially enabled) and then edit the item/upgrade so it enables that attack for the unit.

Level 9
I'll prob will use orb abilities to switch between melee and range then. Thanks guys. I don't want to switch units because each units have a lot of spells that are added via triggers so I have to make sure to transfer every spell over.

Status
Not open for further replies.