• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arena Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This is my new Arena terrain, I think its litle to mutch for a wc3 Arena. :p

But I still think I miss something, Can some1 tell me what to improve or remove.

Attachments

• Hero Arena Terrain.jpg
    Hero Arena Terrain.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 458
Level 9
Water is a really nice touch. But it's kinda... empty. Maybe lower the plates in the middle, add some borders to arena, arcs between some columns, flags, trees and other plants outwise, some stuff in the water like waterlillies from Sunken Temple. Magical lanterns from Dalaran would look nice on those columns (specially if you merge them with some speceffects)

Level 19
Looks pretty nice for a wc3 arena map.
Most wc3 arena maps use cliffs in dalaran tileset so its great to see this now:D

I had an idea that might improve the terrain/gameplay a bit. When I saw those screenshots I immediatelly saw this picture in my head of the middle 'platforms' (with an other pattern then the outer ones) going up for a few seconds and down again. To make some people use the envorinement pretty good. Like wc3 has it's lifts you could make those appear as lifts aswel:D

I had an idea that might improve the terrain/gameplay a bit. When I saw those screenshots I immediatelly saw this picture in my head of the middle 'platforms' (with an other pattern then the outer ones) going up for a few seconds and down again. To make some people use the envorinement pretty good. Like wc3 has it's lifts you could make those appear as lifts aswel:D

Going with what he said, this whole arena looks perfect for things like traps. Perhaps just make some tiles fall out under units subjecting them to water which has some sort of effect, or maybe every once in a while a few of them light up, after 4 light up they arc lightning to each other. You could even add some game modes equivalent to games like Crash Bash (A really old game for the PS that's kinda like Mario Party I guess If I'd have to compare it to something, but in it where some minigames where the playing field was a bunch of squares like yours and each player turned the squares their color when the walked on them, anyone who could make a square got points for it but you could change other peoples colors to yours - could work here).

Level 11
The arena looks great! Keep up the work! The trap idea would be a very interesting idea, and just a suggestion is to make the middle a little more eye candy, its a little open, maybe some more tile variation and maybe a large column in the middle.

Idk just my 2cents :)

-I can definately see those spires that spew out water overloading and spewing so much water it knocks units nearby into the water.
-The center tiles of a different color, they need to do something evil - perhapes pop up without warning throwing units on top of it high into the air.
-You definitely need some spike traps, perhapes make the tiles drop out under units subjecting them to spikes
-Try arcing some lightning between those pillars
-Those trees need to cause some pain some how, perhapes make coconuts fall out of them.
-Flood the whole thing, thats nice and evil
-Have some geysers shoot up out of the water projecting rocks into the air
-Make the tiles outside the area in the center pop up trapping the players in there, then you can either let them battle it out in close confines or start some more carnage.

Just some ideas

Level 11
-I can definately see those spires that spew out water overloading and spewing so much water it knocks units nearby into the water.
-The center tiles of a different color, they need to do something evil - perhapes pop up without warning throwing units on top of it high into the air.
-You definitely need some spike traps, perhapes make the tiles drop out under units subjecting them to spikes
-Try arcing some lightning between those pillars
-Those trees need to cause some pain some how, perhapes make coconuts fall out of them.
-Flood the whole thing, thats nice and evil
-Have some geysers shoot up out of the water projecting rocks into the air
-Make the tiles outside the area in the center pop up trapping the players in there, then you can either let them battle it out in close confines or start some more carnage.

Just some ideas

As fast as the Respawn time on all creeps and some heros and some traps are done I will make a small Beta movie. Then you will see all things ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.