• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Frostmarks - Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi, I'm making an arena based map called the Frostmarks. And, I would like to know what you guys think of the terrain. Thanks very much for commenting :thumbs_up:.

Attachments

• Frostmarks1.jpg
    Frostmarks1.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Frostmarks2.jpg
    Frostmarks2.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Frostmarks3.jpg
    Frostmarks3.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 304
  • Frostmarks4.jpg
    Frostmarks4.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Frostmarks5.jpg
    Frostmarks5.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Frostmarks6.jpg
    Frostmarks6.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Frostmarks7.jpg
    Frostmarks7.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Level 34
Yeah the dead ones. I'd suggest downloading something, there are a few really nice ones.

Level 18
That model looks like some ninja in Naruto >.>

Omgzomg ploX naruta vil pawnz

Anyway to stick to the topic:

As Gilles suggested there are quite some trees out there that could fit your map better then this rigid warcraft leaf less trees. The warcraft winter trees - they can pass but this are pure horor.

Some of the screens look okay though.

Level 17
Thanks and I know it's odd, but it gives some more variation in the water. There aren't many warcraft 3 ice suiting plants, but if you know some, please spit it out :).

I've replaced the forsaken/dead trees and made the forest more darker.
This was the original one View attachment 4,
And here's the new on View attachment 7.

I've replaced the forsaken/dead trees and made the forest more darker.
This was the original one Attachment 4,
And here's the new on Attachment 7.

, why doesn't it work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
Please don't triple post [K40$]-Spectre. There's an edit button for a reason. I merge them for you.

Level 36
Did we mention that those northrend trees look ugly?

Anyways, A casual terrain I guess, its not like a terrain you go all "wow O.O" when you see, but its not really the one you think "this totally suck.." either, as I said, a casual terrain, also, there might not be that many snowy plants cause plants dont tend to grow on snow? :p And especially not in ice cold water <.< >.>

Use more of the doodads given to you from the Northrend and Icecrown environment section as a whole, theres really many posibilities with those, as is with the barrens ones, but we'r not talking 'bout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.