• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Mini Showcase) Aziex's Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, here's my first 5 terrains in a little showcase.

Now that my exams are over and the holiday has stared I can make a lot more :thumbs_up:

Any comments and advice would be great!
Enjoy! :infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• TheDarkTree.jpg
    TheDarkTree.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 234
  • RedTree.jpg
    RedTree.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 207
  • AshbringerPoster2.jpg
    AshbringerPoster2.jpg
    755.5 KB · Views: 215
  • MidnightSea.jpg
    MidnightSea.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 222
  • TheDeadDemon.jpg
    TheDeadDemon.jpg
    846.2 KB · Views: 212
Level 23
Really nice, except form Midnightsea, which is standard looking.
Still the execution of all terrains could be better. But the ideas are individual and very creative, which gives you some plus rep from my side.
Two things. You should improve your technique to get better results from standard terrains like midnightsea.
2. KEEP YOUR CREATIVITY UP!

Level 6
Thanks for the comments and, especially, the rep! :D

I'll try working on midnight sea some more.
The dark water always seem to look so much worse outside the editor
And I'm wondering whether the bandit is worth keeping in the screenie...

Again, thanks for the advice!
Keep them coming ;)

Level 6
Nice ideas, really like them, also a good choice of angles. Personally I think the one without the imports (the demon pic) is the best. Still the execution could be better, as it have been already said.
Like to see more...

Level 35
Really nice, except form Midnightsea, which is standard looking.
Still the execution of all terrains could be better. But the ideas are individual and very creative, which gives you some plus rep from my side.
Two things. You should improve your technique to get better results from standard terrains like midnightsea.
2. KEEP YOUR CREATIVITY UP!

I went through the posts and went "wtf" at your comment about midnight sea. Of all his terrains, that is the one I like the most. Either that or the "Bring Light" terrain, mostly because he somehow manages to use wc3 structures and units, and actually makes it look cool.

Level 23
Yeah you might be right with the atmosphere that he creates with standard wc3 structures. I agree. But still from my point of view, this is not his best terrain since it's a bit too dark for me, it's hard to see anything. The idea of the ship reflection is nice to, but unfortunatelly this does not work, because the direction of it is wrong. ANother minor flaw is how the land and sea in the back meet each other. All in all it's not my favourite of his terrains!
What might be caused by my computer though because it's actually so dark displayed here, that I barely can see any details.
However I guess my opinion is still, that I like the other ones more, although I have to admit that it's not a standard terrain like I thought before. Sry that I did not take enough time to look at that pic so close!

Level 6
Really, thanks for the comments and taking your time to have a close look at what I've done!

I'm hoping I can improve on all these terrains (apart from my first one because world editor mucks up on loading it now ><), and will try to do so, because I agree that the execution can be improved.

Midnight Sea does have a few issues with the darkness, I'm not sure whether the ship in the background is visible enough, or most importantly, whether anyone saw the light from the lantern going down to the sea bed, where, very blurringly, are some flotsam and zombies :nw:

Level 35
Yeah you might be right with the atmosphere that he creates with standard wc3 structures. I agree. But still from my point of view, this is not his best terrain since it's a bit too dark for me, it's hard to see anything. The idea of the ship reflection is nice to, but unfortunatelly this does not work, because the direction of it is wrong. ANother minor flaw is how the land and sea in the back meet each other. All in all it's not my favourite of his terrains!
What might be caused by my computer though because it's actually so dark displayed here, that I barely can see any details.
However I guess my opinion is still, that I like the other ones more, although I have to admit that it's not a standard terrain like I thought before. Sry that I did not take enough time to look at that pic so close!

You dont have to justify anything to me, I was simply voicing that I disagree with your statement.

Anyways, the settings on my computer is more or less perfect, and I can see most of that terrain well enough, and besides, I think the darkness suits the terrain. In any case, yes it is quite blurry and it seems you had some graphical errors whlie saving it as a picture, but I still like it.

Level 6
So I've changed my monitor resolution to highest and it has now changed all my screenshot qualities ><
I thought I'd attach the screenshots of exactly (except deadtree) the same pictures with this different resolution.
Tell me whether you think I should keep the settings I've got now...
Thanksies :)

Attachments

• TheDeadTree.jpg
    TheDeadTree.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 125
  • MidnightSeaHQ.jpg
    MidnightSeaHQ.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 111
  • AshbringerHQ.jpg
    AshbringerHQ.jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 102
Status