• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make this "MORE" better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
:fp: Ahmm... Hi... Just need some suggestions about how to make this terrain better. Please comment... before you suggest please tell what picture you will be having suggestion. THANKS!

36405_142091309137849_100000109419689_426393_4255974_n.jpg

34461_142093042471009_100000109419689_426395_1388231_n.jpg

:thumbs_up: THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :grin:

Level 49
Picture One: Very bland. Needs more environmental doodads on that grass, A LOT of more tiles(dirt, rocks, grassy dirt, darker grass...), etc. Your height variation seems fine and at least you didn't use Blizzard water. You have grass growing inside the water, which is unrealistic. Your river just suddenly ends at one point - makes absolutely no sense. Either make it a big pond\sea\lake\whatever, or extend the river to the end of the map. Your river also seems somewhat shallow.

Picture Two: The waterfalls make no sense whatsoever. They are coming out of a ROCK, and the rock itself is a big, random slob. I suggest you to Google "Waterfall" and look at what waterfalls really are. :/
Hint: They're NOT random streams of water magically coming out of pure rock cliffs. So please, add a river or in general, a source of water that carries the water to those... Waterfalls. And seriously, remove those weird slabs of rock, they make no sense.
Asides from that your terrain is very bland. It is flat, has only one type of doodad, uses only one tile etc. I could only suggest you to look at terraining tutorials and learn from them.

Last edited:
Level 18
Hmmm ok

Picture 1: Its emty put som shurbs a tree and more in it. Also try to use more tiles

Picture 2: Looks like those waterfalls are coming out of cliffs i would suggest you to look for a tutorial about waterfalls or look at som terrains that have waterfalls in them could also be helpfull.

Level 6
Hmm som days ago a guy named Solaris made this maybe this could help you a bit but im not sure. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/another-mystic-well-171838/

Thanks for the reference, but I am not sure either how this is going to help here.

I can only subscribe to Debodes opinion, there must be a river or a well or sth. like this. You can use the fountain of life model for a good well or simply make a river.
You can take a look here for making a river or here for waterfalls.

Another suggestion is browse through the terrain-galleries and look at some artwork from other members. But dont get yourself intimidated, there are really epic pics (which are half as epic if you know how to make them). Could be inspiring to see the work of others...

Status
Not open for further replies.