• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Different Battle Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So this are the Battle Arena i made currently for the version of my new map.

!!!!......REMEMBER BEFORE YOU COMMENT AND VIEW THE SCREENSHOTS...!!!!

-This is an hero arena not an RPG so i dont use High Quality Models.I consider the Map Size.
- The terrain is on Alpha Stage so pls. don't say "THE TERRAIN IS SO UGLY" instead say "YOUR TERRAINS NEEDS ________" or in other words "JUST SUGGEST ON WHAT DO I NEED TO IMPROVE THE TERRAIN".
- I use different themes "SNOW,HELL,CITY,SUNKEN RUINS,FOREST,DESERT,GRASS,SCOURGE LAND" so i have only 1-2 number of tile types used in different themes...REMEMBER JNGP has 16 TILESET SPACE ONLY..
- I am just new at terrain so it is not a "PROFESSIONALLY MADE"
- I post it here so i can get some tips from the "EXPERT TERRAINERS"..

Ashen Forest
214829-albums6097-picture65280.png

214829-albums6097-picture65281.png

Desert Ruins
214829-albums6097-picture65282.png

214829-albums6097-picture65291.png

Sunken Islands
214829-albums6097-picture65287.png

214829-albums6097-picture65288.png

214829-albums6097-picture65289.png

Snow Land
214829-albums6097-picture65292.png

214829-albums6097-picture65286.png

Hellfire Arena (STILL ON DEVELOPMENT)

214829-albums6097-picture65364.png

214829-albums6097-picture65363.png

City Arena (STILL ON DEVELOPMENT)
214829-albums6097-picture65362.png

Last edited:
Level 23
I'm not really an expert terrainer but just some suggestions..

Trees look really.. uhh. Repetitive. Trees looks like it was just CnP's. I think you should at least put a little variations to it. but these are arenas so that is not gonna be noticed by most of the players. the first area could use some more space, most of the view is blocked by trees, so it makes targeting spells hard and it looks kinda crowded with all those grass, I think you should lessen the number of doodads in that arena.

and btw, is this for wosa?

Level 6
I'm not really an expert terrainer but just some suggestions..

Trees look really.. uhh. Repetitive. Trees looks like it was just CnP's. I think you should at least put a little variations to it. but these are arenas so that is not gonna be noticed by most of the players. the first area could use some more space, most of the view is blocked by trees, so it makes targeting spells hard and it looks kinda crowded with all those grass, I think you should lessen the number of doodads in that arena.

and btw, is this for wosa?

Yes its for WoSA....but it is not on the current version....the new version is still on progress..

Yeah..i intend to CNP...because i thought it looks ok...if i make them Repetitive..but OK...i will make a variation to it..

So the first one....i will reduce the number of trees..but does it will create an "YOU LEAVE AN EMPTY SPACE THERE"?

Level 5
Hey neo,
As your Artist :p I feel entitled to give you some feedback. With the first arena don't remove all the trees, what its missing is variety. So instead replace a few here and there and it will look nicer. Also with the Sunken Islands arena they're supposed to be islands... So don't make a border of trees. make it deep ocean where units can't go ;)
Snow Land is nice :D
Otherwise well done you've done a brilliant job mate.

Level 6
Hey neo,
As your Artist :p I feel entitled to give you some feedback. With the first arena don't remove all the trees, what its missing is variety. So instead replace a few here and there and it will look nicer. Also with the Sunken Islands arena they're supposed to be islands... So don't make a border of trees. make it deep ocean where units can't go ;)
Snow Land is nice :D
Otherwise well done you've done a brilliant job mate.

I will just change the name of Sunken Islands...i really need those trees as borders...

Yeah...about the trees in the first arena..sad to say it has only 2 Variations..

Thanks..mate

Level 36
My suggestion is less square arenas, more innovation and more use of the elevation tool and pathing blockers, instead of blizzard cliffs.

I can't really see how it's possible to say more, considering you've already decided map-size is positively ultra-important, which it really is not. But yeah... Your choice.

Also, using capital letters like the way you've done might come off as offensive to some people, I'd recommend 'not' doing it.

Level 14
The first few look like a pacman area, just missing the small dots.

Aside from that I do fear most of your arenas will be problematic with the high trees,pillars etc. when the heroes would clash there. It would be hard to see. Also I would suggest turning on the angle randomization on doodads. Just look at the first screen. All trees of both types at exactly the same angle.

+rep for doing something productive to keep the community alive. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.