• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arena of Gladiators v1.23b

Reactions: CroMoX

-= Arena of Gladiators =-

Map Info
In this cool Arena you can choose between several Races, such as Naga, Goblin, Human, and many more. After you've selected your Race you're able to choose a weapon to fight with. Those weapons are magically enhanced and grant some spells to fight with. You get those spells after leveling your Gladiator.

Fight with other mighty Gladiators and stay together, search a good place in the Arena and fight for Glory. Teamwork is an essential part in this action-packed arena map. Units have Elite Commanders that support and power their troops, which makes it harder to survive.

You need to buy potions and shields to survive longer and even mighty items that power your attack and stats are also important. Cool looking models of each race and item will make this map more unique and more fun. It just looks cool to fight aside with other races and players to just beat the crap out of those invading units :)
Uploaded 5 years ago, and finally found some spare time to update it a little. Wc3 still makes fun :D and that after all those years, one of the cool Games I played really long and still today.

If you have any suggestions or find any bugs, please post them here or send me a PM.

HF playing and enjoy this map with your friends :)
  • more Items
  • more Item-Recipes
  • buyable Skills (available at lv10 & 20)
  • more/new waves/rounds
  • more action with waves (different units, spells, etc)
  • AI re-work (mainly the bosses)
  • some bug fixes and balancing

-= Loading Screen =-
screenshot4it.jpg

-= Weapons & Races =-
screenshot5ez.jpg
screenshot6js.jpg

screenshot7mr.jpg

-= InGame Screens =-
screenshot2awg.jpg

screenshot1ur.jpg

Version 1.23b
- added more recipes
- fixed a weapon selection bug
- edited some game texts
- some bug fixes & terrain changes

Version 1.23a
- added a more visual way to select weapons
- added information on weapon selection
- added some more items
- added the first 4 recipes to craft combined items
- some small balancing fixes, etc.

Version 1.22c
- Lv12 Bug-Hotfix
- prevented a possible repick exploit
- added new items
- some re-balancing (items, skills, monsters, etc.)

Version 1.22b
- important bug fix (stopped at Wave 5)
- minor re-balancing
- added a new item

Version 1.22a
- fixed a bug where some player didn't get spells
- fixed the timer a bit and adjusted time for breaks
- repick is longer available now
- added a new Race
- added text above the Shops
- re-worked the creep AI a bit
- re-balanced spells, creeps, etc.
- added a new type of creeps that assist the normal waves
- added some new items
- added mapPreview

Version 1.21a
- boss bug fixed (you couldn't use spells in that round)
- changed timers (more time to select, less for breaks to make more action)

Version 1.2a
- added 2 new races
- reworked the monster AI
- re-balanced bosses and abilities
- improved the environment
- added new commands
- improved the code a bit (was kinda old ^^)
- pre-added new items and races (will be activated with next update)
- some more stuff (too small to mention)

(This map is available at www.makemehost.com, usually 6-9 players will join each time)

Keywords:
Gladiator, Arena, Defense, Siege, Hero, Fun, Cool, Gladiators, Custom, Weapon
Contents

Arena of Gladiators v1.23b (Map)

Level 3
+ very good idea
++ players can choose weapons with different models AND magical abilitys
+ the terrain offers some good strategic positions.
+ well balanced items
+ gladiators can choose a race. each has a different ability
+ the short time (it's just "enough" and not more) you have for getting to the weapon shop and the the fountain of healing makes the breaks a bit more exciting

. maybe the terrain can be balanced a bit more. the southwest offers no positions to hide or to shake off the creeps ;)

- no single player mode
- the bosses are very no... "too" tough if you want the suggested player amount to be "any".
- the different races and weapons offer a wide variety but the balancing is very hard unless you have played the map 100 times. so maybe you should try to balance the abilites a bit more. (i know that'll be hard)

no bugs while testing, no performance issues... good map! :) 3/5

Level 5
Some suggestions:
Upgradable weapons (various bonuses)
Different waves. Like - massive weak units or ranged and melee units mixed together.
Killing strong units is easy but makes it long... I suggest to do something about it.
Lack of items.
Preparation time say 1min but is actually 40s? (not sure if it is like it, or it skips sometimes) but it too long anyway considering that there are no recipe items.

Level 18
Some suggestions:
Upgradable weapons (various bonuses)
Different waves. Like - massive weak units or ranged and melee units mixed together.
Killing strong units is easy but makes it long... I suggest to do something about it.
Lack of items.
Preparation time say 1min but is actually 40s? (not sure if it is like it, or it skips sometimes) but it too long anyway considering that there are no recipe items.

thanks for the feedback :)

Interessting idea with the upgradeable weapons.. Let's see what I can do with that ;)

About the waves, yeah just thought about that, and added some more improvements with Elite units that later have some small abilities to make it more fun to fight at. But yeah, I will look into more complicated waves u need to deal with. Like you said, mixed units, mass, etc. something like that..

Items will be added with each update i guess. I know there are less and i also plan to implement some recipe system to have even more due to the lack of inventory space.

The prep-time thing was fixed with 1.22b, so maybe you played an older version? I just shorten it to 40s because of the new teleport, it's still ok. and if I add some recipes later on it will be again not a boring brake, were u just wait the 40sec and cant buy anything ^^

So let's see what i can do with this map, just found some spare time and some fun to edit this again for 5 years or so xD I also plan to add more unique weapons and spells, but this will need a total rework of the selection system, because there's no place for buttons. so I'll work out some new ideas with that..

Thanks for feedback & ideas :)

Level 18
Thanks for the comments, and that you guys like it :D

This map is very old, uploaded 5 years ago xD Just found some time and fun to update it, so lets see what we can do with that..

I'm trying to still improve it with each update, when i find some spare time.. So maybe some more clever AI will be implemented and other stuff ;)

For now, I've done some screenshots (Adding them now) :)

Enjoy!

Level 1
Truly creative, guys! 5/5 stars.
And wonderful combat combos.

Still, I do have an idea:
Maybe do some ending screen or a cinematic
when the hero dies from creeps?
I played solo and after I died that was it - no "you lose" or anything.

Level 1
Truly creative, guys! 5/5 stars.
And wonderful combat combos.

Still, I do have an idea:
Maybe do some ending screen or a cinematic
when the hero dies from creeps?
I played solo and after I died that was it - no "you lose" or anything.

I agree! Cool game but I would love to be able to increase my characters skills a bit more without filling all the slots! I almost beat this with 4 players, it was difficult!

I agree with the suggested ideas!

Level 1
Endgame

Got reward for beating the 25th level boss with a whole round of bosses? I think the game is pretty fun but you need to definitely update it! Recipes and higher level items would be awesome!

Level 18
After a while I found this map again on my harddrive :D

Thought to update some stuff (see changelog for this)
Hopefully I find some more time to make the waves more challenging and add more waves to increase play time and fun ofc! :D

Thanks for the feedbacks so far, it's cool that wc3 is still kinda alive after that longtime ^_^