• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gladiator Arena 1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Angry
Reactions: ap0calypse
Please Darkzealot_128 don't give me YOUR hints i don't need them and i don't care about what you think !

The map is about 9 slaves ! They are in prison and they have to fight for they freedom in the arena !
Contents

Gladiator Arena 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
01:32, 25th Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 16
This map will not be approved anytime soon. Please use the update button since you've already posted another version here, this is considered multi-uploading. The description is poor, doesn't tell us much about the map nor gameplay; tell us how to play, anything special about the map, heroes, items, add screenshots, etc. Here's a list of BB Codes to help you. As I've already stated my reasons once more and from your other uploaded version, this map cannot be approved in its current state.
RATING: N/A REJECTION

Level 15
Map reported for double posting, map reported for bad description, particularly offensive content towards another member. Map voted 1/5 and rejection. And your probably gonna get banned for this.

Roby-hunter said:
you stupid prick you can't see its another version you idiot. Yesterday i post the map gladiators arena 1.0 . And today i posted the map gladiators map 1.1 you fucking idiot :vw_sad:

He doest seem to like me : (

Last edited:
Level 28
Terrain: You take the effort to put in doodads, but there are no environmental doodads or trees. You also use only 2 tilesets. Also, you are better off removing the ground stone because it looks hideous and it isn't placed on the right tileset. Add more variation to the tilesets, and add environmental doodads and trees (that suit their environment). 1 more thing: remove the stalagmites, they don't suit the environment they're in.

Gameplay: Pretty horrible. I'm dissapointed that I have to use blizzard abilitys and blizzard heros, anything that isn't a copy-pasted blizzard hero has no tooltip at all, and am I expected to destroy the gate at the beginning? Seriously.. add triggers that open the door so I don't have to destroy it... Please improve the tooltips for they don't match each-other. Also, there are gaps in the gates that I can walk through which shouldn't be there and the wave system you use is horrible. The spawned units are just boring blizzard units and it's unbalanced. Also, it says that my hero has upgrades available even though I don't. Please remove them. And the heros abilitys don't relate to the hero at all, seriously, a knight that summons water elementals?

Triggering: This was bad too. There aren't many triggers at all (which is evidence of a rushed map). There are leaks (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/complete-list-things-leak-126761/), you haven't removed the melee map initialization trigger, and why don't you combine all these triggers with the event map initialization?:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 11 (Dark Green)
  • Hints
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Hints for new gladi... with the description You have to chose o..., using icon path Replaceable Textures\ CommandButtonsDisabled\BTNHolyAxe.blp
      • Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
  • Hints
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Hints for new gladi... with the description You have to chose o..., using icon path Replaceable Textures\ CommandButtonsDisabled\BTNHolyAxe.blp
      • Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
Also, isn't this map made for more than one player?
  • Revive Hero
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Becomes revivable
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
    • Actions
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Center of Region 002 <gen>), Hide revival graphics
Idea: Choose a warrior and fight against your opponent? Thats nothing new at all.

Other: You don't give any credit at all to people who took some of their time to generously work on the resources you have used in your map and you haven't taken the effort to test your map and even create a description. This is just a rushed resource that is nothing new. We don't want maps like this uploaded into our database.

Voting for: REJECTION

How dare you even say such a thing against Darkzealot?
Do you know how much time he spent writing that review? And for what? To be blown away by you like that?

I, for one, would not help you again until you show some respect towards users who spend time on trying to make YOU better in mapping.

At the moment, you're really not a good mapper (harsh truth, accept it, Darkzealot explained why... if only you read what he posted).

So yeah: Rejected.
Why? Darkzealot said it all.
And this is multi-uploading, ALSO forbidden on the hive (wow, they have rules here :O).