• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Are Demons Fel Elementals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Depends are we speaking of Warcraft or World of Warcraft? In original when Demons were Demons living in hellish dimension of Twisted Nether and had to be summoned then yes they did share the traits of elements. But they were not Fel Elementals, they simply are demons as they aren't made of pure elemental essence. Basically elementals and demons are inspired by D&D Outsiders, the beings from non material plane of existence (Demons, Devils, Fiends, Angels, Elementals, Gith, Slan etc...).

In World of Warcraft however "demons" are alien species enslaved/corrupted by Sargeras and his Dreadlords and are organic as any other being from Azeroth, just addicted to "The Fel". Elementals funny enough are native to Azeroth but were banished to the elemental plane that was made as prison by the Xel'NagaTitans.

Though in both Warcraft and WoW Demons were known to be permanently killed because Blizzard forgot what demons aren't supposed to stay dead. Except Dreadlords but they are cheaters. Then again in WoW nothing is dead which can eternally be farmed and with strange patches only death has died.

Level 3
Depends are we speaking of Warcraft or World of Warcraft? In original when Demons were Demons living in hellish dimension of Twisted Nether and had to be summoned then yes they did share the traits of elements. But they were not Fel Elementals, they simply are demons as they aren't made of pure elemental essence. Basically elementals and demons are inspired by D&D Outsiders, the beings from non material plane of existence (Demons, Devils, Fiends, Angels, Elementals, Gith, Slan etc...).

In World of Warcraft however "demons" are alien species enslaved/corrupted by Sargeras and his Dreadlords and are organic as any other being from Azeroth, just addicted to "The Fel". Elementals funny enough are native to Azeroth but were banished to the elemental plane that was made as prison by the Xel'NagaTitans.

Though in both Warcraft and WoW Demons were known to be permanently killed because Blizzard forgot what demons aren't supposed to stay dead. Except Dreadlords but they are cheaters. Then again in WoW nothing is dead which can eternally be farmed and with strange patches only death has died.

Well as I know Demons Werent Corrupted Because before Sargeras Was Actually Corrupted He was Fighting With Demons Already In Comics But The Weird Fact is In The Comics Theres Satyrs In Demons Army Soo When Sargeras Turned Night Elves Into Satyrs Was He Encountered With The Satyrs Before But Wiped All Them On Uncorrupted Form?

+Its Good To Find Loremasters Around Here Like Me

Level 3
I have not researched this but I've had the impression that the elemental plains and twisting nether was confirmed to be different.

Logically speaking, shamans should be able to notice such a thing easily.

Not to mention, how are shamans uncorrupted while warlocks are? all fel corrupts by it's nature.

Like Old Gods Corrupt Things?

Level 21
Well as I know Demons Werent Corrupted Because before Sargeras Was Actually Corrupted He was Fighting With Demons Already In Comics But The Weird Fact is In The Comics Theres Satyrs In Demons Army Soo When Sargeras Turned Night Elves Into Satyrs Was He Encountered With The Satyrs Before But Wiped All Them On Uncorrupted Form?

+Its Good To Find Loremasters Around Here Like Me

Well since it is comic it most like is World of Warcraft but I am unsure which comic exactly you refer to. Even so that must be a continuity error as Satyrs shouldn't have been seen way until War of the Ancients. Besides Eredar in Wow are corrupted race and the uncorrupted form would be the WoW Draenei. Of course some like Dreadlords and Pit Lords were evil before Sargeras even went mad, but who is to say they weren't once good too since majority of bad guys in wow are corrupted former good guys.

I am only loremaster of Warcraft, there are others way more knowledgeable regarding WoW lore. I myself prefer my sanity more.

Level 21
Does it mater who created them? They clearly are made of flesh and not of pure essence thus aren't elementals. Demons and elementals are simply both outsiders of the Azeroth world one coming from Twisted Nether and other from the prison Elemental Plane. The only similarity is that both can be summoned.

Level 3
The Real Question Here Is Why Are Titans Not destroying Azeroth they Hate Old Gods And Theres 3 of Them On Azeroth! (3 because Yshaarj Is Killed by titans allready) Theres Theories Like Azeroth Is AN titan Egg

Level 21
Why Xel'nagaTitans do anything they do. Also if I recall correctly destroying Old Gods would result in destruction of Azeroth, so they merely sealed them till WoW players came and started killing them which Xel'NagaTitans themselves weren't capable of doing. Don't worry as I said there is no death in WoW, Old Gods are simply waiting for new Expansion. As for why not destroy Azeroth I assume originally because of The Well of Eternity but now in the present Xel'NagaTitans simply don't care though they did send their probe AI to gather the data in Wotlk to see if they should nuke Azeroth just in case.

Azeroth being a Xel'NagaTitan egg is illogical, titans are not organic beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.