• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arcane Missile

Arcane Missiles (from WoW, of course) look cool. I'm surprised nobody's posted one before. I pieced this one together from modified bits of the Lava Spawn missile, Orb of Corruption missile, and Healing Spray missile.

There weren't really any sounds in WC3 that matched the sound of Arcane Missiles very well, but I did my best. Suggestions for alternatives are welcome.

Credit when used is not required, but appreciated. Modification is permitted.

[Update 3/21/10: Tweaked the color, less pink, more purple.]
[Update 3/23/10: Refined particles, cleaned object IDs.]

Keywords:
arcane, missiles, magic, mage, pink, purple, magenta, sparkly, world of warcraft, WoW
Contents

Arcane Missile (Model)

Reviews
15:53, 9th May 2010 General Frank: Nice and simple edit. Approved.

M

15:53, 9th May 2010
General Frank:

Nice and simple edit. Approved.

Level 6
I'm gonna show Craka-j this. Do you get more missles by each level? If not, it would be cool if you added something like that. If possible. I mean, what would I know >.>

Level 10
Do you get more missles by each level? If not, it would be cool if you added something like that. If possible. I mean, what would I know >.>
Sadly, no, this is a single missile. I don't know of a way to make an effect travel apart and then converge on the target regardless of speed or range, short of making a triggered projectile spell, of course (which is what I've done for my own map, using this model, BTW.)

Level 3
i didnt saw a comment where someone said that this is wrong but its good work the only thing i dont see its 3 missiles its not 1 ffs
spell=42846

Level 1
don't get me wrong this is amazing btw but i know how you can improve it you canadd this effect to cluster rockets then it can shoot out the amount of missiles you want instead of 1 :fp::goblin_good_job: