• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arathi Campaign

The Arathi were the most powerful tribe of humans. Under the rule of King Thoradin they united the rest of the human tribes and created the great kingdom of Arathor. Years later, Arathor divided into the seven human kingdoms: Lordaeron, Stormwind, Stromgarde, Gilneas, Kul Tiras, Alterac and Dalaran. They say the Lion of Stormwind, Anduin Lothar was the last decendant of King Thoradin. But they are wrong. For when Thoradin started unifying the human tribes, a few Arathi stayed behind. A few years later, they were joined by high elf deserters during the Troll Wars. These elves became the Sworn. These Arathi never joined the human kingdoms and have lived for centuries, undiscovered, in southern Duskwood. They are led by King Tenris... and High General Agamand Manadar.

One day, humans from Stormwind led an expedition to the very same area. King Tenris has summoned Agamand Manadar to eliminate this threat from their forests...

======================================

My campaign covers the story of the Arathi. As the introduction presents, they united the human tribes to create the seven kingdoms. I thought it was improbable that such a powerful tribe would come down to a single person (Anduin Lothar), so I decided to expand their story in to the (relatively) current Warcraft universe.

The story takes place sometime after the second war and the closing of the dark portal (Warcraft II), but before the third war(Warcraft III), in Duskwood, The Swamp of Sorrows and, Elwynn Forest and Deadwind Pass and also includes a version of the famed tower of Medivh, Karazhan.

Changelog:
v0.1.1: Demo version released. It contains the Prologue and the first two chapters. I planned to release when the first four chapters were ready, but I was curious what feedback i would get.

v0.1.2: Second demo version released. I have fix some bugs in chapter 1 and chapter 2 and also I included a beta for chapter 3!

v0.1.3: Third demo version released. I have improved Chapter 3, added more cameras to the intro, add chapter 4, added wildlife to chapter 1 forest and chapter 3 forest and fixed the bug that prevented chapter 2 to load.

v0.2.1: Beta released: I have improved all chapters. The heroes now have new abilities. I have added more creeps to chapter 3 and 4, I modified the side quests in chapter 3, added a new side quest in chapter 1 and added interlevel dependecies, meaning that if you finish a side quest in one chapter it will influence another chapter.

v0.2.2: Second beta released: The Arathi are back! Well I updated this thing AT LAST. It includes new chapters, one new interlude, and a completely different Chapter 3 as I wasn't satisfied at all with the previous one.

v0.2.2.1: Still at second beta. Some bugfixes on Chapters 2, 3, 5, 6 part 1 and 6 part 2.

Feedback and enjoy! Please tell me of any bugs as even though I've been working on eradicating any bugs I'm sure some of them are still left and I want to make it as bug-free as possible.

PS: I know the story is pretty ambiguous, but it will be clarified as the campaign goes. That's the beauty of it, it makes you wonder. As always, please give feedback so I can improve! Many thanks!

Credits:
General Frank - Darkweaver's model
trolman - Chapter 4's and Chapter 6/Part 1's terrain.
WherewolfTherewolf - helped improve the terrain to Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 part 2.
Thanks to the guys that made the models included in History. I forgot to write your names down. If you see this, leave a comment saying "I made x model!" and I'll credit you.

ENJOY!

Keywords:
arathi, humans, stormwind, arathor, anduin, lothar, agamand, manadar, darkweaver, kingdom, tenris, thoradin
Contents

Arathi Campaign (Campaign)

Reviews
06:40, 4th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 4
Alright...But I want more rep and credits than him since I made those levels from the start which is way harder to do than to simply edit,either that or create your own 3,4 chapter...

no offense or anything, but I burst out laughing after I read this post... I actually thought you were kidding at first cause of how bluntly arrogant it sounds XD

Level 1
Very nice campaign. Just downloaded it last night and enjoyed it very much. Please add more soon!

Its nice to play a campaign that is along the line of a blizzard campaign but with custom features.
Its getting hard to find those. It seems most now are so "custom" that its a whole new game play and those can be fun but I enjoy the original much more.
Reading thru the previous posts I saw all that you had changed and fixed based on other's feedback and think you did a great job.
I didn't run into any bugs and found some of the things you changed very fun, like the orc and draenei side quest.

The only suggestion I have would be to have the humans attack the base a little more. Like in chapter 3, I think they attacked 3 times. It made it easier to do the side quest but I wanted to have to try harder.

Im looking forward to the rest of this campaign.

Level 3
I downloaded it today, and have gotten up to level three.

I like it so far. The terrain is good (not great but good), the characters are--well, they're CHARACTERS, which is pretty rare in video game mod's. The story seems well-enough thought out. The missions are inventive and interesting.

I would ask why there are Drenai on Azeroth so long before "The Burning Crusade," but you obviously know more about WarCraft lore than I do, so I'll trust you that they're supposed to be there.

Level 10
I feel I must answer your question. Those are Broken One Draenei, so they're not the draenei that came here during the Burning Crusade, they are Draenei that crossed the Dark Portal during the orc's invasion of Azeroth. When the portal was destroyed they were left behind like most orcs and ogres.

Level 3
Okay then. (I never actually played WarCraft II.)

EDIT: I'm back, with a rather disenheartening bug-report. When I finish chapter 3, the next mission doesn't load. I kill all the blue troops, Darkweaver complains about walking through forests, the camera flies off over the trees, the screen fades to black and.......stays black. The next level doesn't load. The "all your base" cheat doesn't work either.

I can still get to chapter 4 through the level select menu, but it was rather annoying.

Last edited:
Level 4
A decent campaign, creative, but there are a few things I'd recommend changing. I have broken them down by chapter:

All chapters
-one thing I cannot stress enough: make cinematics skippable. This is very annoying as the cut-scenes tend to be rather long.

Intro:
-As far as the voice-overs in the intro, you might want to redo the them. The narration sounded like a protoss from starcraft. It really doesn't fit too well.

Chapter 1
-In chapter 1, I'd recommend making the map smaller. To the right side of the map was nothing but a bunch of empty terrain. There really isn't any point in having that if you aren't going to use it.

Chapter 2
-In chapter 2, at the area where you can get the demon as an ally, the trees are blocking the path. He can't get out. There is nothing to destroy trees with.

Chapter 3
-Cool idea for the temple design for the optional quest.
-In chapter 3, you might want to have debris blocking the troll base until you get the quest to kill them. This way the events will go in proper sequence.
-Once you complete the orc's quest, you should probably make it so you have shared vision being that they are allies.
-The two orc units that he gives you constantly disobey orders. they always go back to stand near the orc hero. This will need fixed of course.
-There are lots of creeps to kill in this mission but none of them were giving experience points. I'd recommend this be changed. There really is no motivation whatsoever to even kill them. They don't drop any items. All they give is gold and you don't even need that in this mission.
-After I kill the humans to complete the mission, nothing happens.

I cannot progress to the next mission, so I can only give feedback for these ones. Overall like I said it is a decent campaign and it has potential, Just some things need fixed/changed.

Level 2
I noticed in Chapter 3 or 4 I'm not sure but in the end the talking is mixed up:
Manadar says something that Granis should have said and that Demon Hunter hero says something that Doril should have said...

NO DESCRIPTION in the Deadwind Pass map and Agmand is the enemy (they begin killing him when the cinematic starts) and then I lose the game.

I'll rate it after I complete whole campaign.

Last edited:
Level 10
A decent campaign, creative, but there are a few things I'd recommend changing. I have broken them down by chapter:

All chapters
-one thing I cannot stress enough: make cinematics skippable. This is very annoying as the cut-scenes tend to be rather long.

Intro:
-As far as the voice-overs in the intro, you might want to redo the them. The narration sounded like a protoss from starcraft. It really doesn't fit too well.

Chapter 1
-In chapter 1, I'd recommend making the map smaller. To the right side of the map was nothing but a bunch of empty terrain. There really isn't any point in having that if you aren't going to use it.

Chapter 2
-In chapter 2, at the area where you can get the demon as an ally, the trees are blocking the path. He can't get out. There is nothing to destroy trees with.

Chapter 3
-Cool idea for the temple design for the optional quest.
-In chapter 3, you might want to have debris blocking the troll base until you get the quest to kill them. This way the events will go in proper sequence.
-Once you complete the orc's quest, you should probably make it so you have shared vision being that they are allies.
-The two orc units that he gives you constantly disobey orders. they always go back to stand near the orc hero. This will need fixed of course.
-There are lots of creeps to kill in this mission but none of them were giving experience points. I'd recommend this be changed. There really is no motivation whatsoever to even kill them. They don't drop any items. All they give is gold and you don't even need that in this mission.
-After I kill the humans to complete the mission, nothing happens.

I cannot progress to the next mission, so I can only give feedback for these ones. Overall like I said it is a decent campaign and it has potential, Just some things need fixed/changed.

CRAP! I could have sworn I fixed that bug that didn't allow you to pass the mission. I'll work on it.

UPDATED: Some bugfixes in the chapters.

Last edited:
Level 4
Review so far:

General - I find Darkweaver to be virtually useless... he really should have some sort of attack skill... also I found that Agamand's reflect skill gets underused cause for some reason my enemies ALWAYS go after Darkweaver... they run past my entire attacking force to go after Darkweaver :hohum:

Chapter 1 - I like how you gave some importance to slaying all of the Murlocs, however on the down side the entire level, I wasn't attacked by the Invaders once... they had a sizable army in their base, but they never attacked me... makes it way too easy. And again I enjoy forcing the Bandits to work for you, but I dont like not seeing them after that. (Small bug: After the cinematic where the Bandits submit, they build a stronghold to the left of the trees outside their little camp area... not sure why)

Chapter 2 - I like how you evened out the forces so the Arathi troops don't get slaughtered so quickly. I like the wraith slayer guy, but it's a shame you only see him once.

Chapter 3 - Completely redesigned the map, i like it. Lots of creeps, though little reason to kill them all, most of them I found easier to just ignore since there are so few item drops. The 2 Orc Grunts keep running back to the Orc Chief, and they not once sent an attack force like the Warchief said he would... and the Draenei's would send 1 warrior in their only attack force. When I attacked the Draenei Hero would summon Spirit Wolves however they would turn and run back to the center of the Draenei base for some reason.

The connection from Map 3 to Map 4 is broken, so you have to play Map 4 manually. This is as far as I've gotten, will review the rest soon.

Level 10
Review so far:

General - I find Darkweaver to be virtually useless... he really should have some sort of attack skill... also I found that Agamand's reflect skill gets underused cause for some reason my enemies ALWAYS go after Darkweaver... they run past my entire attacking force to go after Darkweaver :hohum:

Chapter 1 - I like how you gave some importance to slaying all of the Murlocs, however on the down side the entire level, I wasn't attacked by the Invaders once... they had a sizable army in their base, but they never attacked me... makes it way too easy. And again I enjoy forcing the Bandits to work for you, but I dont like not seeing them after that. (Small bug: After the cinematic where the Bandits submit, they build a stronghold to the left of the trees outside their little camp area... not sure why)

Chapter 2 - I like how you evened out the forces so the Arathi troops don't get slaughtered so quickly. I like the wraith slayer guy, but it's a shame you only see him once.

Chapter 3 - Completely redesigned the map, i like it. Lots of creeps, though little reason to kill them all, most of them I found easier to just ignore since there are so few item drops. The 2 Orc Grunts keep running back to the Orc Chief, and they not once sent an attack force like the Warchief said he would... and the Draenei's would send 1 warrior in their only attack force. When I attacked the Draenei Hero would summon Spirit Wolves however they would turn and run back to the center of the Draenei base for some reason.

The connection from Map 3 to Map 4 is broken, so you have to play Map 4 manually. This is as far as I've gotten, will review the rest soon.

Redownload the campaign, I fixed the Map 3-to-4 transition bug and fixed some bugs that made chapter 5 unplayable. Also fixed some bugs in chapter 3. And again, you will see the bandits much later, in the second-to-last chapter of the campaign and you will see the Wraith Slayer again soon, in the next chapter that will be added to the map (the one I'm working on now).

Level 4
updated review!

Chapter 4 - Firstly, I hate the camera cause it makes it so hard to fight, so happy you made an option to change it back to normal =P... other then that it's a good level.

Chapter 5 - lots of creeps, again nothing really worth killing any of the ones you don't have to though. I like most of the map though, but I dislike the mountain part, it's so thin I can only send them up 1-2 at a time. Other then that everything else it good.

Chapter 6, Part 1 - Many glaring errors right off the bat... firstly Darkweaver reverted back to a basic Demon Hunter... which made him lose 2 of his skills and all of the items I had equipped to Darkweaver. Secondly, you started the level off against 4 enemy Heroes... way too difficult so early in the level. And Thirdly, the level didnt end even after all of my Hero's had died.

Level 10
I don't find it so hard to defeat those 4 heroes at the beggining. That level requires extensive use of all your heroes' skills as it has many difficult boss battles, but they're 100% passable. That bug that reverts Darkweaver to a basic Demon Hunter really bums me. I have no idea what's causing it and all the fixes I tried failed. I think I'll just give him a new ultimate to make him more useful. Oh and that's not Chapter 4, Chapter 4 is the Stormwind City one, the one that you're talking about is the History chapter.

Last edited:
As a member of the group Map Reviewers, I will be reviewing cinematics/campaigns :

[+] Intro
[-] Loading Screen
[-] Weird terrain
[-] Annoying voice
[-] Missing words
[-] No custom music for intro
[-] Missing Disabled Icons
[-] Not a lot of custom spells
[-] Bad cutscnes
[-] Not a lot of custom imports
[-] Gameplay

Overall this campaign needs a lot of work: Not a lot of custom imports, missing Disabled Icons,...
Even though there are almost no positive points, you have still spent some time on this and apparently other people like it.

Rating: 1.5/5 - 2/5

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
I've just finished the campaign. I have similar feelings like having finished Modern Warfare 2: interesting characters, missions with lots of action and fight, but the plot has ended without explaining most of questions, about Tenris, Arathi, etc. - I hope the sequel will be released soon. The plot also has some elements that seem illogical. There are some bugs that make some missions annoying - most of them have been already explained in this thread. It's also a pity we have so few opportunities to build a base and when we have a base (in 1st mission), the enemy doesn't attack us at all. Nevertheless, the gameplay is good and general feelings of the campaign are quite positive. I vote 3/5.

Level 10
I've just finished the campaign. I have similar feelings like having finished Modern Warfare 2: interesting characters, missions with lots of action and fight, but the plot has ended without explaining most of questions, about Tenris, Arathi, etc. - I hope the sequel will be released soon. The plot also has some elements that seem illogical. There are some bugs that make some missions annoying - most of them have been already explained in this thread. It's also a pity we have so few opportunities to build a base and when we have a base (in 1st mission), the enemy doesn't attack us at all. Nevertheless, the gameplay is good and general feelings of the campaign are quite positive. I vote 3/5.

Oh, the story isn't over yet. 3 or 4 more chapters to go.

Level 2
Bugs:
When Dreamweaver is morphed(transformed) at the end of the mission. The next mission dreamweaver will turn into a DemonHunter with all the skill that is not in the original demonhunter removed.

Level 22
I've only played through the first chapter, but I decided to give some feedback anyway.

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed.

The terrain; it's all flat. You really need to add some hills, and not just cliffs. You need to use way more doodads as well. Not only trees and flowers. Use mushrooms, logs, shrub, etc.

The gameplay is fine. Custom (triggered) spells would've been nice, but that is not a must. It seems a bit harder than some other campaigns I've played (especially for the first level), which is a good thing.

I think the dialog is good. I'm not great at writing dialog myself though, so maybe that isn't saying much. :p

But like I said, I've only played through the first chapter.
I give it a 3/5, for now.

Edit: I also noticed you display cinematic text, even when you are not in cinematic mode. So you won't be able to see it. Use the Display Text action instead.

Level 22
Yeah, I noticed. I'm in chapter 3 now, and it does look much better.

I found a glitch though. In chapter 3, I was able to attack the Troll camp before talking to the Orcs. So the quest got a bit messed up.

And maybe you should turn off the waves in that chapter. Swamps don't have waves. :)

Last edited:
Level 22
I got a problem. I was about to play the map after the ''History'' map, but my own units are attacking Agamand, during the intro cinematic! :I
He dies before the cinematic is over.

Didn't anyone else have this problem?

And I found a small glitch in the History map. To upgrade the towers, bought at the vault, you need wood. So there's no way to upgrade those.

Level 2
Arathi Swamp map

Hi,

I am battling to play the map, i keep dying...

The map where i need to break their castle and they have to break mine,

well they break mine,

I have 2 heroes for this map, how the heck do you survive?

lol

Level 10
@Lion Veteran I have no freaking idea what is going on with that map. Frankly, I haven't been working much on the campaign as I have been very busy with my band and other engagements but I'll fix all bugs ASAP and release more chapters.

@imre It's not that hard to beat. What's the problem?

Level 2
@imre It's not that hard to beat. What's the problem?[/QUOTE]

Well if you say that, then i believe you. I am trying hard though to know what I should do. any hints?

I cant even get to their castle i always get killed by their men.

Level 10
I have a lot of work to do and I rarely find time to work on the campaign. I need some support if I am to finish this. I need a new model for Agamand if anyone is interested in making. Also I need to make sure people want this campaign to go on, so just leave some messages here if you want to see how it continues.

Level 2
Hi , we meet again , anyways so eventually patched my game and then decided to replay from the beginning again , this Camp!, anyways i got to chapter 3 SHAKWDOWN and then i ended it so they reckon we must keep on finding or chasing the humans then it scrolls downwards and the screen dims up until like completely black, then my warcraft 3 does absolutely nothing , so what the heck is going on? is the Campaign broken or what?
Please help me

Level 4
edit: in the last few chapters the sworn hunter turns into a demon hunter, the model, and loses the custom abilities put on him. another thing is that there are no defeat conditions on a few maps. ie. in the last map Doris died and i still won. in the kill the riders quest, all my heroes died and i had to get out via task manager. it wouldn't say defeated or anything. ps. when can we expect an update? cant wait to play again ^^