• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Araj the Summoner

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Background Story:
Araj the Summoner was a lich in the service of Ner'zhul, the Lich King, who became regional commander of Scourge forces in the Western Plaguelands. During the Third War, Araj commanded the Undead Ravagers to attack Hearthglen. It is known that he was the former leader of Scholomance before aiding the Scourge invasion of Caer Darrow and later claiming the city of Andorhal as his own. Subsequent to the fall of Arthas Menethil as the Lich King, Araj commanded the scattered remains of the Scourge forces still present at Andorhal. This persistence sealed his fate, however, and Araj was slain by adventurers seeking to conclude the long stalemate during the Battle for Andorhal. A shard from his phylactery was taken.
“The ancient evil survives!”
273285-ad7d1d7e17d89fbbb7e941ca02f64726.png

Reference:
273290-dce5f8e68ae8022663c2e22fde539509.png

[Warcraft Arclight Rumble]
Thank Commedia and ONI and Lefroit for your help.
2024.1.5:
1.Add Attack -2, Attack -3. Added by Lefroit.These animations come from
this.

2024.1.6:
1. Add Spell Slam animation.
2. Modify the movement of cloth pieces below the waist in Attack - 3.
3. Speed up Attack - 2 and Attack - 3.
4. Fix some misplaced attachment points - by Lefroit.
5. Add TC Plane to portrait.
6. Remove unnecessary polygons in portrait.
7. Fix some tiny bugs in animation.
2024.1.7:
1. Modify the movement of cloth pieces below the waist in Attack - 2 and Spell Throw.
2. Remake Attack - 3.
3. Fix some little particle visibility problems.

2024.1.14:
1. Recalculate extents.

2024.2.10:
1. Add stand - 4, stand - 5, stand victory.
* Personally, I use Spell Slam for Frost Armor while Spell for Frost Nova. You can rename the animations as you like.

Keywords: Lich, Rage Winterchill, Ras Frostwhisper, Amnennar the Coldbringer, Kel'Thuzad
Contents

Araj the Summoner (Model)

Araj the Summoner_Portrait (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
A great lich re-texture with nice chains :O Works in-game. Approved!
ILH
ILH
Review set to High Quality after reconsideration.

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
I was keeping an eye on development of this one from some time. Excellent asset, 100% consistent with Warcraft 3 art style, and is exemplary for the process of recreating WoW/WAR assets into Warcraft 3 style. It's also stunning-quality asset on it's own. Reminds me Tauer's work. This is how things should be done, man 🤘

Nice update, since you're adding a third attack, maybe you can rename the attack-1 to spell slam?, since it's kinda weird to have two attacks with his hands, and one attack with his breath
That's a good suggestion. However, considering that "attack - 1" is the attack animation for the original WC3 Lich, many players are already familiar with this animation as an attack rather than a spell. So, I think it should remain as it is. Anyway, you can rename the animations as you like.
hi pal i saw you new model looks awesome like your iinspirracion from wc3 rumble, wonder what your next model will by, maybe unit that not have ani representative model 8D like flamewaker
This is also a part of my plan. (My plan has more than ten models...)