• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Aragorn, son of Arathorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
...Not really, but perhaps that should give some insight as to the origins of my handle.

The funny thing is that I never joined The Hive Workshop—I was originally registered at wc3sear.ch so I could upload my one custom map, "Real Life for Morons" (RLFM). Maybe you've played it, maybe you haven't, doesn't matter; what does matter is that I came back years later to find out that the site's resources had been moved over to The Hive Workshop, my account among them.

So, here I am, a "returning" member who is "new".

Working with the World Editor helped me discover my true passion for video game design, a career I now wish to pursue; my brother, who was known as Harken_Dell during his work on RLFM, has this year begun to work in the video game industry as an entry-level programmer for mobile games. RLFM was even part of the portfolio he included with his resume.

Back in 2005, I was fresh out of high school and still quite young and foolish, with an aimless passion for the craft of creation; now that I am working towards a computer science degree, studying programming, I find myself reminiscing about my first personal encounter with programming language and design: the World Editor. Curious, I set myself the goal of returning to this first love of mine and refamiliarizing myself with it; it wasn't long until I ran into a difficult problem and I turned here for advice...

I find I have returned to find a bustling creative community that I, quite frankly, feel left behind by! So much development and evolution in the methods of mapmaking had slipped past my notice after I stopped playing Warcraft III, and I find myself in a newbie's shoes once again as I grapple with understanding JASS, among other things; though it seems to me that these things have always been here, and I had never bothered to look for them. It was the same with me and my passion for game design, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.