• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Applying the Model Viewer to the Pastebin Model Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would it work if you require custom textures?
Oh, didn't think about that. Well, the custom textures should be added to the same pastebin entry, I suppose. In case a custom path is required, maybe a string containing the texture's name at the pastebin text content specifies the path.

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 103
Level 29
You can consider a pastebin as a resource, and do the usual stuff as with the rest of the resources.
This is of course all on the client, the capability is there.

For something that doesn't need custom textures, you can already do it (although the new viewer has no GUI for it - the old one does).

You can consider a pastebin as a resource, and do the usual stuff as with the rest of the resources.
This is of course all on the client, the capability is there.

For something that doesn't need custom textures, you can already do it (although the new viewer has no GUI for it - the old one does).
I just discovered how the "Load" button works at the old viewer. And it does work! I managed to put a pastebin model in the viewer, and it loaded the textures correctly. :)

This way my suggestion is adding a shortcut so the viewer opens that model directly. (Or a way to make an url that carries the loaded model already)
Mainly because if you're showing your model to someone, having to Load it manually isn't so practical.

And the custom texture issue should require some more tinkering to work, but would be nice.

Level 29
This way my suggestion is adding a shortcut so the viewer opens that model directly. (Or a way to make an url that carries the loaded model already)
Mainly because if you're showing your model to someone, having to Load it manually isn't so practical.

You can use the q url parameter for this, the same way regular resources work.
E.g.: viewer.hiveworkshop.com?q=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/skkxph/_files/Footman.mdx (using an actual link ruins it...thanks vB)

Status
Not open for further replies.