• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apache

Keywords:
apache, helicopter, aircraft,
Contents

Apache (Model)

Assets
Reviews
» Wolverabid « Date: 27th of August, 2007 Approval status: Approved Rating: (6) Great Main points: [x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III. [x] The large number of custom skins and their file size downgrades this...

M

» Wolverabid «

Date: 27th of August, 2007
Approval status: Approved
Rating: (6) Great

Main points:
[x] The model is stable and functions properly in Warcraft III.
[x] The large number of custom skins and their file size downgrades this otherwise excellent model.

AH-64 Apache General Info
The Apache is the most advanced American attack helicopter developed by Boeing for the US Army.
The apache has been developed to operate in the highest violencespectrum. The crew is two; a pilot and a commander..who is also responsible for the weaponsystems.
The first apache came in service with the US Army. After that the US delivered apaches to the United-Kingdom, The Netherlands and Israel. Today the apache is also in use by Greece, Egypt, Saudi-Arabia and the United Arabian Emigrates. There have been exported more than 1000 apaches to other countries.

Level 18
looks good but i there are some little mistakes i think on the front the apache is cronered not round with the side skirts and the think on the head from the rotate things, its too big make it smaller.

maybe u should search with google--> about battlefield 1942 and look at the apache there, u will find some things u should change ;) anyway good model 4/5

Level 4
Alright, lets clear this up, the round thing you may see on the front of some apaches is the radar, and not all apaches have the radar on the front as you are stating, they also have them on the top of the prop. which you can see it is there, (Big round thing on top) so why complain about it?

And btw Tr!KzZ there were NO helicopters in battlefield 1942, obviously hence the name "1942" which was during WWII, which means helicopters didnt even exist at the time. Perhaps YOU Tr!kzZ should search on google images and simply type in "apache" and you will see there are different models, with radar on the front and some on the top. So please people, before you critisize his work, do some damn research...

5/5

Level 18
yea i know that tweak, i forgot to add that i ment the mod from bf 1942 the "desert combat" one

here are some pics i ment for the design:
http://www.pcgamersrealm.com/Images/dcthumb.jpg
http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/images/desert/snap009.jpg
http://media.gamespy.com/columns/image/Dec03_desertcombat_chopper.jpg

cant found some better ones, but they should work ;)

Level 5
<FONT COLOR=#4D8360>w</FONT><FONT COLOR=#598469>e</FONT><FONT COLOR=#658572>l</FONT><FONT COLOR=#71867B>l</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#8A888E>i</FONT><FONT COLOR=#968997>t</FONT><FONT COLOR=#A28BA1>s</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#BB8DB3>a</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#D38FC6>l</FONT><FONT COLOR=#EC92D9>o</FONT><FONT COLOR=#E499CD>t</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#D3A8B4>t</FONT><FONT COLOR=#CAAFA7>o</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#B9BE8E>d</FONT><FONT COLOR=#B0C581>o</FONT><FONT COLOR=#A8CD75>w</FONT><FONT COLOR=#9FD468>n</FONT><FONT COLOR=#96DB5B>l</FONT><FONT COLOR=#8EE34F>o</FONT><FONT COLOR=#7CF235>a</FONT><FONT COLOR=#7AE640>d</FONT><FONT COLOR=#78DA4B>,</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#74C262>b</FONT><FONT COLOR=#72B66E>u</FONT><FONT COLOR=#70AA79>t</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#6B9290>s</FONT><FONT COLOR=#69869C>t</FONT><FONT COLOR=#677AA7>i</FONT><FONT COLOR=#656EB3>l</FONT><FONT COLOR=#6362BE>l</FONT><FONT COLOR=#6056CA>,</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#7756C6>G</FONT><FONT COLOR=#8256C4>R</FONT><FONT COLOR=#8E56C2>E</FONT><FONT COLOR=#9957C0>A</FONT><FONT COLOR=#A557BE>T</FONT> <FONT <FONT COLOR=#DE58B3>!</FONT><FONT COLOR=#B59605>J</FONT><FONT COLOR=#AA9F19>O</FONT><FONT COLOR=#9FA82E>B</FONT><FONT COLOR=#94B142>!</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#7DC36C>t</FONT><FONT COLOR=#72CC80>h</FONT><FONT COLOR=#66D595>i</FONT><FONT COLOR=#5BDEA9>s</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#4DEFD1>w</FONT><FONT COLOR=#56EDCF>i</FONT><FONT COLOR=#60EACD>l</FONT><FONT COLOR=#69E8CB>l</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#7CE3C7>b</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#8FDEC3>p</FONT><FONT COLOR=#A2D9BF>e</FONT><FONT COLOR=#9DCFB1>r</FONT><FONT COLOR=#98C5A2>f</FONT><FONT COLOR=#93BA93>e</FONT><FONT COLOR=#8EB084>c</FONT><FONT COLOR=#88A575>t</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#7E9158>4</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#747C3A>m</FONT><FONT COLOR=#6E712B>y</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#6C6346>m</FONT><FONT COLOR=#6A5B53>a</FONT><FONT COLOR=#695461>p</FONT><FONT COLOR=#674C6F>!</FONT><FONT COLOR=#66457C>!</FONT><FONT COLOR=#653E8A>!</FONT> :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D <FONT COLOR=#545454>t</FONT><FONT COLOR=#535353>o</FONT><FONT COLOR=#525252>o</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#4F4F4F>b</FONT><FONT COLOR=#4D4D4D>a</FONT><FONT COLOR=#4C4C4C>d</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#494949>i</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#464646>n</FONT><FONT COLOR=#454545>e</FONT><FONT COLOR=#444444>e</FONT><FONT COLOR=#424242>d</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#3F3F3F>A</FONT><FONT COLOR=#3E3E3E>L</FONT><FONT COLOR=#3D3D3D>L</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#3A3A3A>t</FONT><FONT COLOR=#383838>h</FONT><FONT COLOR=#373737>e</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#343434>s</FONT><FONT COLOR=#333333>k</FONT><FONT COLOR=#313131>i</FONT><FONT COLOR=#303030>n</FONT><FONT COLOR=#2F2F2F>s</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#2C2C2C>A</FONT><FONT COLOR=#2A2A2A>N</FONT><FONT COLOR=#292929>D</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#262626>p</FONT><FONT COLOR=#252525>a</FONT><FONT COLOR=#232323>r</FONT><FONT COLOR=#222222>t</FONT><FONT COLOR=#212121>i</FONT><FONT COLOR=#1F1F1F>c</FONT><FONT COLOR=#1E1E1E>l</FONT><FONT COLOR=#1C1C1C>e</FONT><FONT COLOR=#1B1B1B>s</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#181818>u</FONT> <FONT COLOR=#151515>o</FONT><FONT<FONT COLOR=#000000>w</FONT> D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:< D:<

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
It's good, but there could be some more details and, more important, the proportions are not exactly right, e.g. it is too long. Perhaps this construction picture could help you with modeling:
mcdonnel_longbow.gif

By the way, the radar is only in the "big round thing on the top", the round thing at the front contains e.g. infrared cameras and laser systems.

Level 7
I personally liked the Havoc (Commanche) model better. I'm not sure, but I think KillSt4r did that one.

Your info is also incorrect because the RAH-66 Commanche is much more advanced than the AH-64. The Apache and Kiowa Warrior will be replaced (should start I think in a year or two; they will just begin to replace the Apaches and Kiowas then, but the Apahces and Kiowas will still probably be around for another 10-15 years) with Commanches.

Level 1
Looks good but maybe you should make the window part blue. 4/5

From what i know the apache is better then the commanche and less expensive. It's also the other way around, the commanche was replaced by the apache and I think they stopped upgrading it.

Level 7
Wow... you really need to do some research man... The Commanche is a little more expensive, but it's much, much, much... better than the Apache. The first Commanches (prototypes) didn't even come out until about 10 years ago. For those of you that don't know how long it takes the military to implement vehicles: The F/A-22 Raptor's first flight was in 1997 and they are just now begining the mass-production phase. The design was accepted in 1990 I'm pretty sure. Anyways, the whole point of that is that there are few Commanches at the mement. It would be impossible for the Apaches to have already replaced them. The Commanches are currently in the production phase, and over the first few years of their service, they will simply replace the Cobras and Warriors. Their jobs then will be recon, quick-strike, and to feed the Apaches targeting data. When their numbers become greater, they will replace the Apaches.
The RAH-66 Commanche has a lot of stealthy characteristics. The radar cross-section is less than that of a hellfire missile (360x smaller than an Apache's, and 250x smaller than the Warrior's). This allows the Commanche to go places where other helicopters simply can't go without risk of being shot-down. The Commanche also lets off only half the sound of current helicopters. It also only radiates a quarter of the infrared heat current helicopters do. I'd say that's a lot more advanced than the Apache.

I could give you a lot of links, but there are few that sum it up well, as most are bits and pieces. This link is a little old, and only covers up to the first phase of mass-production, but it best-sums up all the others: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/rah-66.htm

Level 14
Bunch o' nubs. It's Comanche, and it's prime manufacturer isn't Boeing, rather, Boeing AND Sikorsky. Visit the following link for details, about the helicopter AND ITS CANCELLATION.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing/Sikorsky_RAH-66_Comanche

On 23 February 2004, the U.S. Army announced their decision to cancel the Comanche helicopter program in view of the need to provide funds to renovate the existing helicopter fleet of aging attack, utility, and reconnaissance aircraft.[10] The Army also planned to use Comanche program funds to speed up unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) development.[11] UAVs have proven their worth providing reconnaissance in support of military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. About US$6.9 billion had already been invested in the Comanche program at the time of its termination.[1] An additional US$450–680 million was required in contract termination fees to main program partners Sikorsky and Boeing Integrated Defense Systems.[12][13]
Technology developed for the Comanche is expected be integrated into the Apache and other U.S. military helicopter developments.[citation needed] The Army was developing the Bell ARH-70 to replace the OH-58D in place of the RAH-66, but after cost overruns, the ARH-70 was canceled in October 2008.

AND HE SAID DEVELOPED BY BOEING... not Boeing + Sikorsky... :xxd:

AH-64 Apache General Info
The Apache is the most advanced American attack helicopter developed by Boeing for the US Army.
The apache has been developed to operate in the highest violencespectrum. The crew is two; a pilot and a commander..who is also responsible for the weaponsystems.
The first apache came in service with the US Army. After that the US delivered apaches to the United-Kingdom, The Netherlands and Israel. Today the apache is also in use by Greece, Egypt, Saudi-Arabia and the United Arabian Emigrates. There have been exported more than 1000 apaches to other countries.

Sorry about that... I had to.

ON-TOPIC:
I have yet to see a better-fit helicopter for ANY modern-day map.

If I could, I would give a 100000000.245198812/5, but as I can't.... 5/5. :wink:

Good model but I have a really strange texture bug with the rotors. It seems like the whole texture is just placed on top of the heli.
Did I import something wrong? Otherwise, I would change to Apache
Yeah, newest non-PTR versions of Wc3 have messed up a method to create animated textures. This model uses that broken version.