• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Separate attack sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, guys. Its me again. I have learned how to attach sound attack to models.

But here's the problem. Let say when this unit will uses its gun to attack the ground unit, but uses missile to attack the air units. Since the model is imported, therefore I attach the machine-gun attack sound to this Apache. However, when using missiles, I can hear the Apache unnecessarily play its machine-gun firing sound, which it shouldn't happen.

So, how to make it such that the non-machine gun attack will stop playing its attached attack sound to the model?

hmmmmm, are you attaching it via model editing or triggers?
If it's via model editing, I believe you have to make sure it only plays during the animation for the machine gun and not the missiles animation (if it has separate anims for that, you might want to make a second anim if it doesn't that the only difference is that it plays a different sound),

If it's via triggers, you're going to want to check the target's movement category (is unit flying, etc. etc. or just check unit type) before you apply the sound to the unit, "a unit attacks a unit" works I believe, but you may have to use "specefic unit" commands with the "damages a unit" trigger for it to work correctly

Level 4
Ah never mind. I actually knew the method at last minute. I was using War3ModelEditor, so yes I was attaching via model editor.

It seems like I need to labelled one of my choosen attack animation as Attack one, while the others are Attack two. If you don't understand what my question is, look at the Human's Gyrocopter, where he will use his first animation to attack air units by bullets, while second animation to attack ground units by dropping bombs.

Case closed

Status
Not open for further replies.