• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoS, What would be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Instead of adding my 1-2 new ideas to an AoS, and join the masses of Crappulence, I would like to ask the general population what you would like to see in an AoS?

We have all played from the lists of machine made AoS's, and of course want to play a new and exciting one.

Not just for me, but for the rest of us, please list your ideas for a GOOD AoS map, :grin:

Level 3
well at first, forget Dota XD

I've played lots and lots of AoS, and all are Dota with a terrain, heros or item name changes.

Let me explain:

I have when someone picks a tanker hero, and run every time that loses 20Hp! or a healer that don't heal anyone. Or a map where a littel skilled player that just runs around a good one, and gaining gold as with the other efforts, become powerfull because while he "parasites" it's partner, he got good itens!
And other players that really played don't get to this. ( Yeah and it's not teamwork, it's parasiting).

So A AoS where you aren't dependent of itens would be cool. Like they boost your hero BUT don't means that will guarantee the game for you.

A game where, you pick a "infantary soldier" and can equip him with many gadgets, but a bullet in the head still killing him...

I hope you understand the point i'm trying to explain.

Level 12
Well i woud like to see custom ability's (no DOTA like), a way to get special spawns for example if u kill some special demon boss he drops demon essence then u put it inside barracks and u get one extra demon spawn with every wave and after the that barracks are destroyed extra spawn stops spawning, on the other hand u cud use essence to improve towers.
Good luck and thats all for now :cool:

Level 10
Marlon: That is a valid point, items should not make someone unkillable, and the fact that you can be a tank and only have 200 health more than a caster is just insane...

Boneknight: I like that idea very much! There could be little side areas with bosses that will drop their "essence", that could be held for a bonus, used as a spell, or added to the troop count, upgrade a tower with it, etc...

That is kinda kewl!

Level 7
what is AoS? i thought it's just "DOTA like" but it seems im wrong.

anyway, making another DOTA copy is pointless, you should have a really big twist if you want someone even looking at it.

Level 10
what is AoS? i thought it's just "DOTA like" but it seems im wrong.

anyway, making another DOTA copy is pointless, you should have a really big twist if you want someone even looking at it.

AoS is the map that DotA is based off of.

That is the point of this thread, to instead of making one, and then having 10,000 comments saying: "Make it original you n00b! I am teh Roxxorzz l33t H4kz 4n i pwn u 4 bre4kfst!11!!111!", I hope to get an idea of what people want, then deliver, :grin:

Cyper: the terrain I am working on is currently looking at a small map, with tons of detail, with possibly 3v3 or 4v4 action, only 1 "lane", with more than just a tower at each "base". Like a barracks, some farms, towers, upgrade buildings, actual defending units, etc...

Level 4
a way to get special spawns for example if u kill some special demon boss he drops demon essence then u put it inside barracks and u get one extra demon spawn with every wave and after the that barracks are destroyed extra spawn stops spawning, on the other hand u cud use essence to improve towers.

My AoS employs a similar system.

There are 3 random "Mythic" creatures/bosses in the map. If they are defeated, they will defend your base and will add a special creep spawn to every wave.

And when barrackses, or the mythic creature defending your base, is destroyed. Creeps from that row will not be produced.

Level 10
How about this one:

There are "captains" that spawn randomly on timers, that help out certain lanes. The captain has a lot of health, and an aura/AoE buff or two, and helps the lane push. They spawn periodically, and there can even be 2-3 different kinds.

Level 10
Hmm, how about maybe having the hero's stats be a little random?

Add a rnd gain to their str, agi, int.

So like, they normally get:

+1.7 str
+1.3 agi
+1.0 int

and then:

+Rnd(.3-1) str
+Rnd(.3-.8) agi
+Rnd(.3-.6) int

obviously numbers are just a whatever thing, but you get the idea.

Level 9
yea could be good it needs to be original:D
how about some totally different classes(most of the aos classes are usually the same)
maybe a shapeshifter class
he could fx shift into a raven(would be op but a very slow ms could counter it),bear,some sort of cat thing and some other nature nelfie thingie

Level 3
also you can bring an training ground like, where if you want you can let an wave training (obviously it brings up the problem of this wave don't advacing while the enemies one are coming), with an limit of "training time", but when you choose then to come into the lane, or when the limit is reached, they will go to batlle with time and class respective bonus.

This can be also an way of control the random thing. Or get better results of captain spawn.

You can add some temporary buildings, that costs resources both to build and to maintain, like and "rifleman nest" that shoots the enemies comming and give some extra sight range. Or improvised tower , barricades or any defence like build, so if you had a bad start and lose some buildings, it don't mean that now when you are stronger you will cannot keep your defence lines.

The idea of some very " unusual" playing heros could be good.

Like a ghost one that do little difference alone, but he can temporaly meld itself with other players heros to boost their stats. Or it can create "creep melding spirits" that fuse with creeps.

or a creep turned one ( yeah i feel a big lack of creep support in most maps)
that add aura effects and buffs only to creeps. like the captains idea, but obviouly with all the hero advantages.

Also an counter based hero, turned only to repel effects making it coming back to their casters and some other minor functions.

OR this is a damn different one.
and base administrator hero, little use on the lane, but in the base it have a lot of funtions, and gains EXP by combat and by this base management, where he can increase the chances of some effects repair structures or make better creeps and so on.

Level 7
you can make it that one player in each team is controling the base and the creeps. he can choose where to send the creeps and reaserch upgrades and stuff.

give Heros control over some waves/creeps

make random items fall from the sky! XD

give every hero alot of abilities to choose from but limit the number of abilites he can have.

Status
Not open for further replies.