• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you want out of AoS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Balance above anything else really, and after that, probably hero creativity (meaning many custom spells and lots of heroes to choose from).

I also am a fan of maps with well thought out story lines, and not just "Well, these two sides hate each other"

And lastly, the terrain should be both functional and beautiful.

If you can do all that in an AoS, it would really be worth playing over and over again.

Level 12
I want people to fear different heroes for different reasons
I want a noob character that uses no active abilities but can chase enemy heroes around if they don't know how to work their spells well...
-Possibly Spell shield/100% Evasion with cooldown

I want a Fast clicking based ability that only people with fast clicks can use

I want an intelligence hero that uses start up casting time and Cooldown to make them a very Hard character to use but able to make the most effect on everyone

I want the Creeps to have an AI
-When the Tanks Die, The Spell Casters (only casts slow) and Ranged run away unless there are no tanks or they can kill the ones there are

-Also you can upgrade creep to allow them to have abilities like; Vampiric attack, Bounce, Speed Aura (For Faster Movement of Troops)

I get to choose my own model and my own spells

I don't want there to be any Stun Spells
-Maybe Slow Spells, silencing Spells or sleep....

I want the Teams to be something Hilarious...
Like Shrooms vs Skinks.... or something That is just humorous..

SOme Spells I like
-Counter Spell-.05 cooldown, Silence Spell that is only meant to be used against spells needing casting time
-Silencing Ward-Ward with an aura that Silences every unit inside it
-Hide/Farsight

And instead of thre lanes...
-I want there to be Paths You can Blaze.... through the forests...
--You can ambush your enemies places they wouldn't expect....

Level 12
Interesting :) My map has 4 lanes btw ;D Maybe I'll use your idea ^^ The only idea I didn't like is ability buying ^^

Have you ever played Custom Hero Hero Line warz?
THat allows people to upgrade their abilities as if it was a normal ability.....
I'm not sure how to work it... but....
THere are ways to figure it out

<.<
>.>

Level 13
And instead of thre lanes...
-I want there to be Paths You can Blaze.... through the forests...
--You can ambush your enemies places they wouldn't expect....

any ideas how it should look like ? ^^

heres the thing tho. dont make too many uploaded models. or just keep ur filesize fairly reasonable.

can you honestly say that you would be happy playing a 500 kb map without any custom models and simple warcraft 3 models ? ^^

Level 12
any ideas how it should look like ? ^^

What I was planning for an AoS is one lane which is where the Real Battles would be...
-in that Lane is a few cliffs here and there to create Valleys....

Valleys are very important when it comes to ranged units since any units that come through the valley must go around the rock structure and find a ramp, before they find a ramp however, the ranged units will more then likely pick quite a few of them off... and the ramps themselves can be defended with melee units...

Then around that one path is all woodland with random rivers and cliffs and ramps...
-You'll have to use spells like Flamestrike or Death and Decay (Though Flamestrike is a much cheaper spell to use) to take the trees down so that you can move through the woodland...

As people start moving through the woods more, the space eventually is going to get cleared out... so what used to be just one lane turns into 2, 3, or more.....

And if you have "Grow Trees" spells (I use to have some on my comp back in the wc3search days, but now.... they're gone... as well as a bunch of other ones that I really liked...) You'll have to force your enemies to go through the same process you did....

Also... if you have automatic Tree regrowth (Systems are out on the website i think) then it makes creating a path something thats only temporary...

The idea was to have a main battle feild....
Then people can create ambushes by moving through the woods....
And I hate when AoS's break up the battle feild becuz when a noob is on your team... one line is going to get screwed..... At least if its one... the noob can suck.... but it won't hurt the team as badly....

can you honestly say that you would be happy playing a 500 kb map without any custom models and simple warcraft 3 models ? ^^

in the end... what do people want?
nice looking models.....
Warcraft for me only has two to three models I really like...
-Firelord, Brewmaster and Pirate Mcgee

So long as you just get a select few models that everyone can enjoy (Guitar Arthas)
I'm sure you'll be able to make a good map...
You don't necessarilly need to jam it full of them... though they make a good touch....

These are just thoughts...
If you got an idea you think would work better, it might...

Level 24
Stasman, the following is what I want in an AoS.
  • First and foremost, it should not remind you of DotA, as hard as that might be.
  • Original heroes and original hero abilities.
  • If you use lots of imports, have them look good atleast. Some of those you use seem a bit low-quality imo.
  • The AoS should have random events, such as two dragons spawning each attacking one team, which would get focus away from PvP for a breath of fresh air for the players.
  • Oh and lots of heroes and maybe more than 4 abilities for each hero, maybe 5 or 6 at least.
  • Okay terrain, yours seem a bit to simple, adding more terrain variety and more enviromental doodads will make the map look more appealing.
  • Some kind of storyline, musn't be much, just something that tells why the two teams are fighting each other etc.
And that's that.

Level 13
Stasman, the following is what I want in an AoS.
  • First and foremost, it should not remind you of DotA, as hard as that might be.
  • Original heroes and original hero abilities.
  • If you use lots of imports, have them look good atleast. Some of those you use seem a bit low-quality imo.
  • The AoS should have random events, such as two dragons spawning each attacking one team, which would get focus away from PvP for a breath of fresh air for the players.
  • Oh and lots of heroes and maybe more than 4 abilities for each hero, maybe 5 or 6 at least.
  • Okay terrain, yours seem a bit to simple, adding more terrain variety and more enviromental doodads will make the map look more appealing.
  • Some kind of storyline, musn't be much, just something that tells why the two teams are fighting each other etc.
And that's that.

Fire.ice is already working on new , much better terrain ^^
My AoS will have 5 abilities (maybe more)
About events , there will be loads of them ^^
It will NOT remind DotA ^^
About storyline , I'm bad with that :D

Level 15
I want to see an AoS that lets both sides have their own DIFFERENT advantages/disadvantages. This way there's some replay value to be had. It could work like Assault in Unreal. One side attacks, while the other 'defends' a fortress of some sort, with different defenses, but a weaker attack than the attacking force, who has many numbers, but low health and damage, but is able to say... scale walls and base defenses, and use stealth to breach it and sabotage it from within. See what I mean?

Level 9
I want to see an AoS that lets both sides have their own DIFFERENT advantages/disadvantages. This way there's some replay value to be had. It could work like Assault in Unreal. One side attacks, while the other 'defends' a fortress of some sort, with different defenses, but a weaker attack than the attacking force, who has many numbers, but low health and damage, but is able to say... scale walls and base defenses, and use stealth to breach it and sabotage it from within. See what I mean?

what about heroes vs towers? one side play as AoS style, another side play as tower defence style

Status
Not open for further replies.