1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

aoe with impale model

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by X-Angel, Nov 1, 2007.

1. X-Angel

X-Angel

Resources:
    Resources:
    i want to make a spell where, in a certain range around the hero, the impale model, (or in my case, a custom impale model i have), comes out of the ground, like all the nails come out at once out the of the ground, kind of like Tides of Blood, for the crypt lord's ultimate. Can anyone show me how to do this? (preferrably in GUI)?

2. DenZel94

DenZel94

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Are you saying in a circular field, impaling spikes will come out at once? If so then I may have possibility to make it (if I'm not lazy enough) and of course, IN GUI!!!!

Try this: (I copied it from my map which I want to release but not released due to it being BETA)

Base the skill with an instant execution skill (e.g. Howl, War Stomp, Thunder Clap, Berserk) and remove everything except Tooltips, icon, mana and cooldown
    Create a Dummy Unit (e.g. mine is NAMED Wisp) and add the abilities, Invulnerability, Locust, and your ability based on Impale.. Remove the model (via erasing the thing in Custom ~) and attack damage and movement.
    For the dummy ability based on Impale, remove the cooldown and mana cost of it and you may edit the other values..

• Massive Impale
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Massive Impale
      • Actions
        • Set MICaster = (Casting unit)
        • Wait 0.01 seconds
        • Unit - Turn collision for NovaCaster Off
        • -------- 1st unit --------
        • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Owner of MICaster) at (Position of MICaster) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Set level of Dummy Impale of (Last Created Unit) to (Level of Massive Impale of (Casting Unit))
        • Set MassiveImpaler[1] = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Turn collision for MassiveImpaler[1] Off
        • Unit - Order MassiveImpaler[1] to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of MICaster) offset by 700.00 towards 360.00 degrees)
        • -------- 2nd unit --------
        • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Owner of MICaster) at (Position of MICaster) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • Unit - Set level of Dummy Impale of (Last Created Unit) to (Level of Massive Impale of (Casting Unit))
        • Set MassiveImpaler[2] = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Turn collision for MassiveImpaler[2] Off
        • Unit - Order MassiveImpaler[2] to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of MICaster) offset by 700.00 towards 45.00 degrees)
        • -------- 3rd unit --------
        • Set MassiveImpaler[3] = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Turn collision for MassiveImpaler[3] Off
        • Unit - Order MassiveImpaler[3] to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of MICaster) offset by 700.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
        • -------- 4th unit --------
        • Set MassiveImpaler[4] = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Turn collision for MassiveImpaler[4] Off
        • Unit - Order MassiveImpaler[4] to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of MICaster) offset by 700.00 towards 135.00 degrees)
        • -------- 5th unit --------
        • Set MassiveImpaler[5] = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Turn collision for MassiveImpaler[5] Off
        • Unit - Order MassiveImpaler[5] to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of MICaster) offset by 700.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
        • -------- 6th unit --------
        • Set MassiveImpaler[6] = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Turn collision for MassiveImpaler[6] Off
        • Unit - Order MassiveImpaler[6] to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of MICaster) offset by 700.00 towards 225.00 degrees)
        • -------- 7th unit --------
        • Set MassiveImpaler[7] = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Turn collision for MassiveImpaler[7] Off
        • Unit - Order MassiveImpaler[7] to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of MICaster) offset by 700.00 towards 270.00 degrees)
        • -------- 8th unit --------
        • Set MassiveImpaler[8] = (Last created unit)
        • Unit - Turn collision for MassiveImpaler[8] Off
        • Unit - Order MassiveImpaler[8] to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale ((Position of MICaster) offset by 700.00 towards 315.00 degrees)
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to MassiveImpaler[1]
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to MassiveImpaler[2]
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to MassiveImpaler[3]
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to MassiveImpaler[4]
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to MassiveImpaler[5]
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to MassiveImpaler[6]
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to MassiveImpaler[7]
        • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to MassiveImpaler[8]
        • Wait 3.20 seconds
        • Unit - Turn collision for NovaCaster On
        • Animation - Play NovaCaster's stand animation

3. X-Angel

X-Angel

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey thanks man, but can you give this to me in a map template?

4. DenZel94

DenZel94

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay I guess I can, just wait..

EDIT: Here it is

PS: It is untested, so if you manage to see an error, tell me...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  5. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    it...

doesn't do anything here...

I just quicky made a new version (shorter trigger / no leaks / less variables).

Attached Files:

6. Altazen

Altazen

Resources:
    Resources:
    • ABC
      • Events
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to yourAbility
      • Actions
        • Set PointCaster = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 36, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 dummyUnit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at PointCaster facing Default building facing degrees
            • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Set Point = (PointCaster offset by 100.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00) degrees)
            • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Point
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointCaster)

Ghostwolf came up with this trigger, but with Shockwave instead of Impale. basically, you'll edit it so that:

• ABC
      • Events
      • Conditions
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to yourAbility
      • Actions
        • Set PointTarget = (Target point of (Ability being cast))
        • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 36, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Create 1 dummyUnit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at PointTarget facing Default building facing degrees
            • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Set Point = (PointCaster offset by 100.00 towards ((Real((Integer A))) x 10.00) degrees)
            • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale Point
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PointCaster)

To adjust the area of effect, you'll have to divide Impale's wave distance by 2.

7. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

DenZel94, you should learn a bit on how to use loops :wink:

Read this Pwnzor kicking tutorial about loops and arrays written by me (nah actualy it sucks :xxd:).