• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] AoE Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey there! I wanna start with a warm 'Thank you!' just for opening my thread.

Here's my problem:
I made an ability based off the original Blizzard skill.
I made the skill target friendly units only.
So far so good.
But how do I make all units affected by my own version of Blizzard get, for instance, the Inner Fire buff?

Do I make a dummy unit with the Inner Fire ability and make it cast Inner Fire on the affected units? Or do I place the buff on them with a trigger? And, most important, how do I do that?

Can someone make a trigger for this?

-MiKi

Last edited:

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Well u can create a dummy unit, that have the inner fire abilitie, and pick every unit in the Target point of abilitie being cast, OFCOURSE u know how unless u are a complete triger noob, Then hide the dummy and make an expiration timer like 1.3 seconds, do not forget to make the dummy fly with no collision or shadow and have mana to cast the inner fire abilitie........

If u can't do it, just post in the request section that u want a spell like that :)
I recoment the Spell Factory manged by DeathDoorWay :)

-RMX-

Level 11
Lol i have the trigger. Rmx you are lazy.

• BlizzardThing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to (Number of units in (Units within 200.00 of (Target point of ability being cast))), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Inner Fire to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Activate Inner Fire
          • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
+REP if i helped you please

Level 2
I am crap at JASS and a loop is pretty necesary to speed it up a bit according to me. No offense but I tried at least.

Amin to that brother, it's the thought that counts.

Come on Rmx, you give it a shot.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
MIKI this triger will leak and will not work properly !!!!

This is not JASS this GUI shit ,,, ur a tottal noob ........... just don't tell people wrong this ok !

And well there is more problems then in the last post i did . . . .

Unit begins casting an abilitie XXXXX NOT ( it should be UNIT START THE EFFECT OF AN ABILTIE )

YOU DID not hive the created unit !!!!

Plz do not post if u are not exactly 80% sure that ur answer is right

-RMX- if u are offended and u think i'm a noob too !
TRY my spellpack it will change ur mind :)

Level 2
MIKI this triger will leak and will not work properly !!!!

This is not JASS this GUI shit ,,, ur a tottal noob ........... just don't tell people wrong this ok !

And well there is more problems then in the last post i did . . . .

Unit begins casting an abilitie XXXXX NOT ( it should be UNIT START THE EFFECT OF AN ABILTIE )

YOU DID not hive the created unit !!!!

Plz do not post if u are not exactly 80% sure that ur answer is right

-RMX- if u are offended and u think i'm a noob too !
TRY my spellpack it will change ur mind :)

Hiding the unit is not important as the main point of the trigger itself, you don't have to hide the unit if you make it have the locust and the gost abilities and have the mana required for spells (Footmen don't have the mana required to cast Inner Fire) or make the spells require 0 mana etc. But all those can be done via object editing. I'm interested in the trigger itself.

And yeah, I checked it. It didn't work, but I appreciate the effort.

Oh, and Rmx, calling people noobs ain't a good way to become very popular in a good way, no offense intended.

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
aaa

Look Miki i told u his triger wont work !!

I will aid u :

• Unit Start the effect of an abilitie
  • Abilitie being cast is Blizzard or ?
  • Set X = Casting Unit or Trigering unit ( Trigering unit is better )
  • Set Point1 or Point[1] = Position of X
  • Set GroupX = Units within 200 of Point1 or Point[1] Matching Player owner of Matching unit is equal to owner of X and ext..
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group X
    • -- - - - - Unit create ? at P1 or P[1] or set the point of picked units :)
      • Hide last created unit
      • Add abilitie ?
      • Add expiration timer 1.3 seconds
      • Order last created unit to ? Picked units
  • Call DestroyGroup(udg_GroupX)
  • Call RemoveLocation(udg_Point1 or Point[1])
This is an innacurate short leakless version of ur spell :)

Level 19
Lol i have the trigger. Rmx you are lazy.

• BlizzardThing
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to (Number of units in (Units within 200.00 of (Target point of ability being cast))), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add Inner Fire to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Activate Inner Fire
          • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
+REP if i helped you please

That wont work
Not properly just WONT work
please stop spamming threads for getting +rep

Anyway, making properly channel spells must be the hardest thing in WE (my way actually works but takes long vJASS codes)
so Id like to suggest you to work on this later like when you learn vjass
And I'll give you another idea for a spell (non-trigger)

Summon Divine Dragon:
Spell is based on Tornado (Channeling Summoning)
Spell summons a Divine Dragon with moderate attack (like 60-70)
Divine Dragon has Phoenix Fire with negative damage and damage per second to heal allies
Dragon has same size Sapphiron (or little bigger) and it has slow moment

Level 2

That wont work
Not properly just WONT work
please stop spamming threads for getting +rep

Anyway, making properly channel spells must be the hardest thing in WE (my way actually works but takes long vJASS codes)
so Id like to suggest you to work on this later like when you learn vjass
And I'll give you another idea for a spell (non-trigger)

Summon Divine Dragon:
Spell is based on Tornado (Channeling Summoning)
Spell summons a Divine Dragon with moderate attack (like 60-70)
Divine Dragon has Phoenix Fire with negative damage and damage per second to heal allies
Dragon has same size Sapphiron (or little bigger) and it has slow moment

Okey, so maybe I was missunderstood or I explained badly (I presume it's the latter).

I should've told u this in the first post... So yeah, it's my bad.

What I wanted from the very beginning was to make an AoE ability (I chose Blizzard) that would give all friendly units within the area affected the Inner Fire buff. So, you could replace the channeling Blizzard spell with any other spell you'd like.

Level 19
oh so not channeling xD lol my brain died coz of too much game playing

Step by Step:
1- Copy "Inner Fire" ability and make it have no manacost
2- Copy "Locust" unit, Remove its attacks and movement and change "Art - Model" to something which is not model (like "wtfboomlol")
3- Make this trigger
  • Inner Flame
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) <Ability You based on Blizzard>
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within <Area of Spell> of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching Unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to (==) True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 <Locust based unit you made> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Add <Copy of Inner Fire you made> to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of <Copy of Inner Fire you made> for (Last created unit) to (Level of <Ability You based on Blizzard> for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Picked unit)
This trigger has memory leaks that you may wanna clean when you get more information about leaks
(I didnt want to cause extra things for small memory leaks for a "Not much experinced WE user")

Anyway in this way when you cast that Blizzard based ability, invisible casters on your allies will appear and they will cast inner fire on them and they will dissapear after 1 second (you wont see them and notice that they are created), which is only way to apply spells on units (besides Runes)

Last edited:
Level 2
oh so not channeling xD lol my brain died coz of too much game playing

Step by Step:
1- Copy "Inner Fire" ability and make it have no manacost
2- Copy "Locust" unit, Remove its attacks and movement and change "Art - Model" to something which is not model (like "wtfboomlol")
3- Make this trigger
  • Inner Flame
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) <Ability You based on Blizzard>
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within <Area of Spell> of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to (==) True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 <Locust based unit you made> for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Add <Copy of Inner Fire you made> to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of <Copy of Inner Fire you made> for (Last created unit) to (Level of <Ability You based on Blizzard> for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Picked unit)
This trigger has memory leaks that you may wanna clean when you get more information about leaks
(I didnt want to cause extra things for small memory leaks for a "Not much experinced WE user")

Anyway in this way when you cast that Blizzard based ability, invisible casters on your allies will appear and they will cast inner fire on them and they will dissapear after 1 second (you wont see them and notice that they are created), which is only way to apply spells on units (besides Runes)

Sweet, this one looks promising. I'll check it a bit later and confirm whether it works properly or not, though I'm pretty optimistic about it. Thanks a bunch!

Level 19
wut !!! no no no thats not even possible... lol Ive made a mistake >.< (I hate GUI so much)
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within <Area of Spell> of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Picked unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to (==) True)) and do (Actions)
should be
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within <Area of Spell> of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching Unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to (==) True)) and do (Actions)

Level 2
wut !!! no no no thats not even possible... lol Ive made a mistake >.< (I hate GUI so much)
should be

That seems to work now. Thanks!

Topic should be closed now I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.