• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

AoE Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey there! I wanna start with a warm 'Thank you!' just for opening my thread.

Here's my problem:
I made an ability based off the original Blizzard skill.
I made the skill target friendly units only.
So far so good.
But how do I make all units affected by my own version of Blizzard get, for instance, the Inner Fire buff?

Do I make a dummy unit with the Inner Fire ability and make it cast Inner Fire on the affected units? Or do I place the buff on them with a trigger? And, most important, how do I do that?

Can someone make a trigger for this?

-MiKi

Level 10
Is this what you are looking for?

• AoE Inner Fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to AoE Inner Fire
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 300.00 of TempLoc)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
I can make you a test map with some documentation if you don't understand the trigger above.

Level 2
Is this what you are looking for?

• AoE Inner Fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to AoE Inner Fire
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 300.00 of TempLoc)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 DummyUnit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempLoc facing Default building facing degrees
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Picked unit)
              • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
I can make you a test map with some documentation if you don't understand the trigger above.

Oh sweet man, it worked! Thanks a lot!

Level 2
that only gives them the buff when u cast it. channeling wont give units entering the area he buff. u would need moar complicated triggers for that.

Yeah I know, I only wanted an AoE Inner Fire ability that would cast Inner Fire once (not repeatedly for every unit that enters the area)

Level 2
then say so

u could have made someone paste 10 kilometers of useless trigger :O

I'll keep that in mind for next time. So, now that the problem has been solved and the trigger has been written corectly, I believe the thread should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.