• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Buffs removes each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I have two abilities for a unit which both are based on channel (changed id ofc) and they both have a respective trigger for making a dummy unit cast a spell based on inner fire to place a buff on the non-dummy unit but if I cast one spell after the other, it will remove one of the buffs.

My first guess was, this is because both of the dummy spells are based on inner fire so i tried basing the dummy spells on channel but when I do this the dummies refuse to cast the spells on the caster even though I trigger them to cast the correct spellid and targets allowed is set to friendly.

What's the problem here?

Level 11
You can give the unit an aura ability that only effects itself in a disabled spellbook and remove it with a timer to simulate a buff. Auras will stack without interfering with eachother so long as they have a different buff.

Level 30
You can give the unit an aura ability that only effects itself in a disabled spellbook and remove it with a timer to simulate a buff. Auras will stack without interfering with eachother so long as they have a different buff.

I tried this method and I realized it takes 1-2 sec for the passive aura to add/remove the buff once added/enabled respective removed/disabled and it looks buggy

Level 23
erm...
Aasl (Tornado Slow Aura): This aura is perfect to add buffs to units that have no effects at all. Just set the targets allowed to self and the effect of the aura to zero. The ability doesn't have an icon. The best thing is that you can have more than one on a unit and the different buff icons will stack. Because 'Aasl' is normally a harming aura the buff tooltip will always be red, but you can change that by using color codes in the buff's name. For example |cffff0000Badass Red Buff|r and |cff00ff00Beneficial Green Buff|r. If you ever find a limit for 'Aasl' you can also use other auras and hide them in a disabled spellbook.
thread:
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81742

You just have to trigger the buff abilities :/

Status
Not open for further replies.