• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone Play the Crusader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Since RoS is out, I decided to make my new main the Crusader, and so far its going well, I play on Torment I, and currently have my Crusader around 28 I think, Pretty fun, and not to difficult for Vet d3 players.

PS- my sig has a link to my d3 profile with my crusader if anyo0ne is interest to tag along.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Since RoS is out, I decided to make my new main the Crusader, and so far its going well, I play on Torment I, and currently have my Crusader around 28 I think, Pretty fun, and not to difficult for Vet d3 players.
Power levelling from 1 to 63 takes only 1 hour. Just run T6 with a level 70 to carry you. I would happily do this for you if you were on EU.

I own two level 70 crusaders (A SC male and a HC female). My SC can do T1 with moderate efficiency and my HC one is around expert/master difficulty. The reason they are so low is I am maining Wizard in SC (up to T2 efficiency, still got some gear problems) and DH in HC (Expert, again gear problems). I always wanted to main Wizard even when D3 was first released just his play kind of sucked until 2.0 (RoS). The HC DH is so I can try out the Marauders set and DH was always my second favourite class.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
To stop you wasting several hours picking up rubbish gear that is all obsoleted at 70.

It depends entirely on how you want to play. I took my SC Crusader slowly so I could level with my brother. My HC Crusader was power levelled to near 50 and then I ran Adventure mode to 70. I used the time to pick up misc achievements as well as get used to new mechanics.

Also if you play HC you may have levelled to 70 multiple times with the same class. You get nothing from levelling again which is why there are communities for HC power levelling trading.

Level 16
To stop you wasting several hours picking up rubbish gear that is all obsoleted at 70.

It depends entirely on how you want to play. I took my SC Crusader slowly so I could level with my brother. My HC Crusader was power levelled to near 50 and then I ran Adventure mode to 70. I used the time to pick up misc achievements as well as get used to new mechanics.

Also if you play HC you may have levelled to 70 multiple times with the same class. You get nothing from levelling again which is why there are communities for HC power levelling trading.

Ah, but I never said anything about needing a power level though... *shrug* I like spending my "rubbish" time playing diablo 3.

Level 16
Tbh im scared to fire D3 up again, since AH has been pretty much the only source of item worth any damn. Man, im jinxd when it comes to dropchance. :p
Anyways had only a crappy Barb around the first paragon lvls.

I think the AH ruined the game tbh, have you even tried the 2.0 loot system, it kinda made the AH useless, there another reason they no longer needed it.

I only made it to paragon 20 and I saved the paragon for my crusader, I play him everyday (one quest a day) and I play on T1, which is pretty nice, and fair for a player skills (I could play t2 tbh, but i'm too lazy to take on more elites while I quest through)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Tbh im scared to fire D3 up again, since AH has been pretty much the only source of item worth any damn. Man, im jinxd when it comes to dropchance. :p
Anyways had only a crappy Barb around the first paragon lvls.
AH is gone in case you do not know.

I only made it to paragon 20 and I saved the paragon for my crusader, I play him everyday (one quest a day) and I play on T1, which is pretty nice, and fair for a player skills (I could play t2 tbh, but i'm too lazy to take on more elites while I quest through)
You must have some pretty good gear to be able to handle T2. I mean my Wizard struggles to farm it efficiently and he has around 800k DPS with +40% elemental damage.

Level 16
AH is gone in case you do not know.

You must have some pretty good gear to be able to handle T2. I mean my Wizard struggles to farm it efficiently and he has around 800k DPS with +40% elemental damage.
I explained that in my post above ;)

Edit 1: Check out my sig, it shows my d3 profile. its not very geared imo. he is only 36 i think. Torment 1 is pretty easy for him, t2 is a bit more challenging but again was still easy, but i want a easier pace where I can get quest done in about an hour rather then take 90-2 hours because of the extra elites they add after t2.

Edit 2: Also bare in mind Im in act 1, at low level, the difficulty isn't as hard at lower level since crusaders are extremely OP. when I get up there to 60-70, it will become a bit harder. just as every level they become slightly more difficult.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
he is only 36 i think. Torment 1 is pretty easy for him
Torment below 60 is easy. At 36 my Crusader was as good as invulnerable due to the 150 odd all resistances he had from Paragon levels.

isn't as hard at lower level since crusaders are extremely OP
Actually it is because the gear scales very well with the monsters. If you do not find a replacement for a slot in 5 levels you almost certainly will in 10 and in 15 even common trash will likely be better than what you have. At level 70 you do not have this luxury and have to maximize all gear slots to 70 with good rolls to do Torment difficulties.

Level 16
Torment below 60 is easy. At 36 my Crusader was as good as invulnerable due to the 150 odd all resistances he had from Paragon levels.
I kinda said that in the above post (you do that a lot LOL)

Actually it is because the gear scales very well with the monsters. If you do not find a replacement for a slot in 5 levels you almost certainly will in 10 and in 15 even common trash will likely be better than what you have. At level 70 you do not have this luxury and have to maximize all gear slots to 70 with good rolls to do Torment difficulties.
actually its because his is Op even naked, but sure, thats ok too :)
if you do not believe me, take his gear off, play with weapon and shield, heck save the one you start with, wont matter, perhaps with torment it would be difficult, but seriously, they are very OP (again at low levels), that's my story and I stick to it till next update.

Anyways back on topic, If anyone wants to play, they can find my link in the Sig :)
@Eagle, I play on the America's server, if you don't have ROS yet, we cans till play, doesn't req expac to play with crusader players.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
if you do not believe me, take his gear off, play with weapon and shield, heck save the one you start with, wont matter, perhaps with torment it would be difficult, but seriously, they are very OP (again at low levels), that's my story and I stick to it till next update.
My characters have over 5000 toughness at level 1 (due to +250 all resistances from paragon levels). Even naked at Torment 6 they will probably take a considerable beating to take down. The crusader will not take much more of a beating than a Monk or Barbarian who both can use shields and both have the 30% damage reduction as well.

Level 16
My characters have over 5000 toughness at level 1 (due to +250 all resistances from paragon levels). Even naked at Torment 6 they will probably take a considerable beating to take down. The crusader will not take much more of a beating than a Monk or Barbarian who both can use shields and both have the 30% damage reduction as well.
why are we still on this? lol are you trying to prove a point?
Just do what I said and you will get your answer. not wanting to test it and refusing to believe it is your choice, but again there is no point if you wont at first test what I said. That being said, the remaining discussion on it is void. Lets move on shall we?

So, who here plays a crusader?

Status
Not open for further replies.