• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Anti-Magic Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello all,

I was having a discussion without someone more proficient at worldeditor than me, and I was telling him how I created an anti-magic field; an area with a circular radius in which enemy units were unable to cast spells, I explained how this was done by using statis trap or vision ward ability that had an hero inventory and which received an item that made it channel the cloud ability that was modified to preventing all units from casting spells within a circular radius, I was told that there was a much simpler method to creating the affect, however I don't remember exactly what the person told me as this had been ages ago.

Can someone help me out and explain the alternative simpler method to creating this anti-magic shield?

Level 39
Just dummy cast the cloud ability directly instead. I see no reason to involve a vision ward + item for this. You could also periodically cast silence on enemies in the radius (and clear buff from those outside it) but that's definitely not easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.